Charging Stations Network Manager at Ampersand
- Company: Ampersand
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Rwanda
Do you want to do work that matters? Do you want to help improve the lives of some of the most hardworking people in Africa, while also reducing carbon emissions? Do you want to use your skills to advance Africa towards a zero-carbon future, not just to make a living? Ampersand is your answer.
Ampersand is a pioneer provider of electric motorcycles and charging infrastructure (battery swap stations), especially for motorcycle taxi drivers. Moto taxis are a primary means of public transport in African cities, and it is estimated that these drivers spend >$6Bn p.a. on fuel alone in East Africa. Ampersand has developed an electric solution that is more powerful, fun to drive, and more cost-effective than the incumbent. Ampersand drivers routinely earn 25-30% more income by going electric.
The company started in Kigali, Rwanda and expanded into Nairobi, Kenya in 2023. Today it has ~1,300 e-motorcycles on the road and 30 battery swap stations. Ampersand is leading the market in quality and affordable tech, customer traction, and operational systems. The Ampersand team consists of 240+ staff drawn from diverse backgrounds and is working hard to see all 5 million taxi motorbikes in East Africa become electric by 2030. Ampersand is rapidly scaling its operations and is looking for innovative professionals who are passionate about clean energy and environmental impact to lead and contribute to our rapid growth.
Ampersand is a company that values innovation, creativity, and continuous improvement. It seeks people who are proactive problem solvers to drive results. Ampersand promotes leadership within the organization and is a place where you can grow your career as you work with some of the brightest and hard-working individuals in East Africa.
About the role
Ampersand is looking for a proven and established manager to lead our largest customer facing team in Kigali. The charging Station Manager will be responsible for all battery “swap” operations including the health of the charging network, management of the swap station facilities, management of battery pool, and performance of a distributed team.
The Swap Stations Network Manager will report directly to the Country Manager and hold the following responsibilities.
Team Leadership and Performance Management
- Manage a small team of deputies to lead a team of more than 300 talented station attendants.
- Build culture, maintain our values, and develop trust in a distributed organization.
- Engineer exceptional customer interaction and ensure customer service remains a top priority.
- Set quarterly priorities and strategies for sector operations, including systems of accountability for every team member.
- Develop, monitor, and react to network and performance KPIs, reporting upwards for support on a weekly basis.
- Standardize and document station operations and related processes.
Charge Network Operations
- Design and own the shifts of the team in all stations
- Maintain the supply and availability of charged batteries in the network, including new battery distribution, battery balance between stations, and battery repair processes.
- Design and implement strategies to improve utilization of chargers and swap stations
- Closely support procurement processes and coordinate material and resource allocation.
- Accountable for maintenance and uptime of the charge infrastructure.
- Ensure the delivery of charge by maintaining station electrical supply lines and coordinating with local utilities providers.
- Identify and execute cost-cutting for the charging station OPEX.
- Ensure a healthy working environment by reinforcing Health and safety compliance and safe station infrastructure.
- Support partner teams in the identification and selection of network growth areas.
- Support in management of operations innovation trials to maximize battery longevity, software performance, and station efficiency.
Ampersand is a good fit if:
- You enjoy developing and mentoring teams.
- You enjoy a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
- You are a proactive problem solver with a drive for results.
- You are process oriented and have an attention to detail.
- You are looking for an entrepreneurial company that values innovation and strong execution.
- You like getting things done in the right way.
- You value diversity and community in the workplace.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced individual with a proven track record of managing large, and distributed teams:
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in managing large teams is required.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Experience in different management systems
- Very strong experience in customer experience and satisfaction
- Experience working with different departments
- Experience in surveys
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Diligent with great attention to detail.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- English speaking abilities.
A competitive compensation package commensurate with local market rates and experience, including health insurance.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
This role will be based in Kigali, Rwanda.
Interested candidates must apply here not later than 23rd November 2023.