Case Management & Vaccine Delivery Technical Coordinator at Jhpiego
- Company: Jhpiego
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
Position Description: Case Management & Vaccine delivery Technical Coordinator
Jhpiego enhances the health and saves the lives of women and families in limited-resource settings. For nearly four decades, we have put evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice to overcome barriers to high-quality health care services for the world’s most vulnerable populations. From our origins as technical experts in reproductive, maternal and child health, Jhpiego has grown to embrace new challenges, including HIV/AIDS, malaria and cervical cancer prevention — reflecting the increasing interconnectedness of global health.
At Jhpiego, we value our customers who have our respect, responsiveness, and commitment to excellence; our staff and global network of colleagues who bring cultural diversity, innovation, and a wealth of world experience; and our work culture, which is reflected in our team spirit, transparent communication, mutual respect, flexibility, and dedication.
Position Title: Case Management &Vaccine delivery Technical Coordinator
Project: USAID RISE COVID 19 Response Project in Rwanda
Summary Scope of Work:
The Technical Coordinator will provide technical support to USAID/RISE COVID-19 project. In Rwanda, Jhpiego will support the Government to prevent, and respond to COVID-19. A significant area of focus of this work is accelerating and strengthening the technical and operational capacity of community health care workers, district hospital healthcare workers to provide vaccines service delivery and to ensure quality case management at home based care and facility levels.
The Technical coordinator will be responsible for ensuring technical, operational and scaled execution of COVID-19 response project being implemented at the national, and facility level under the direct supervision of the Project Technical Director.
Position Reports to: USAID RISE COVID 19 Project Technical Director
Position Supervised: N/A
Location: JHPIEGO Head Office with frequent field travels
Study Sites: Countrywide
Duration: One (1) year
All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to
- model the mission and values stated above
- participate in the business development process
- contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process
- make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability
Responsibilities will be but not limited to:
- Provide technical support for the coordination of the clinical response
- Participate in training of health care providers and community health workers engaged in case management of COVID-19 cases at home and facility levels in order to improve the identification, triage, stabilization and appropriate referral of ILI patients
- Provide mentorship support to COVID 19 Treatment center staff through a Community of Practice, including facilitation of case discussions
- Support dissemination of job aids and Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) for home-based care (HBC) and health facility;
- Ensure that Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) principles are applied, disseminate job aids and SOPs
- Contribute to running of the hub-and-spoke communities of practice, to support integration of health facilities across the referral networks for stratified case management
- Strengthening the case management M&E system
- Contribute to program reporting and related documentation, publication
Provide technical support to COVID -19 vaccine delivery; preventative and public health actions will include:
- Communications for social mobilization and building vaccine confidence, including mitigation of specific misinformation & vaccine hesitancy in coordination with National Immunization Technical Advisory Group (NITAG)
- Strengthened vaccine safety monitoring through improved and transparent identification, reporting, investigation, and management of adverse events following immunization (AEFI)
- Optimize referral, provincial and district level health facilities supported by RISE in coordination with national deployment and vaccination plan (NDVP) and local government health authorities;
- Build close working relationships with key stakeholders
- Ensure data collection and reporting tools are implemented consistently
- Contribute to program reporting and related documentation needs for assigned technical areas
- Participate in stakeholder meetings and deliver presentations, as needed
- Other duties, as assigned
Deliverables and period of performance:
The Technical Coordinator position is a full time (FTE) work for the period of one year starting October 01st, 2021. The technical coordinator should be available throughout the entire period of the project and will deliver deliverables linked to above responsibilities. All deliverables need to be developed in consultation with and validated by Jhpiego HQs Team and Rwanda Project Director.
Desired competencies, technical background and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Master Degree is an added value
- Registered Nurses, additional background in public health can be an asset.
- 4- 5 years’ experience in the areas of coordinating/supervising clinical activities
- Familiarity with Rwanda health systems, reporting structure and demonstrated ability to collaborate with government level officials to strengthen program implementation
- Demonstrated ability in working and collaborating with a wide range of local and international partner organizations
- Proven records of experience in COVID-19 case management and training HCWs is an asset
- Excellent skills in clinical decision making, facilitation, team building and coordination
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams and willingness to learn and empower others
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Ability to travel frequently to implementation regions and health facilities managing COVID-19 cases.
- Fluency in English, Kinyarwanda and French
- References will be required.
- Experience in disease outbreak response and familiarity of IHR (2005) is an advantage
Method of ApplicationInterested and qualified candidates should apply online http://jrims.org/Job_Application/
and upload the following documents in PDF format with your names and subject line “Technical Coordinator”:
- Application letter
- Updated CV
- Academic Degrees and certificates
- Three (3) references with their full contacts.
Only online applications through the link shall be considered and failure to follow the outlined procedure might result in the application being disqualified.
If you don’t hear from us within three weeks from the submission deadline, consider your application unsuccessful.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate in employment because of age, religion, tribe, race, color, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, military status, marital status, family responsibility, station of life, political opinion, health (includes HIV/AIDS, pregnancy) socioeconomic status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Employment and promotion for any position are based on an individual’s qualifications and merit. Jhpiego does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, orientation or any other fees).