Campus Operations Manager at University of Global Health Equity (UGHE)
- Company: University of Global Health Equity (UGHE)
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Butaro
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) Butaro, Rwanda
Campus Operations Manager
University of Global Health Equity is on a mission to radically change the way health care is delivered around the world. UGHE is a new university based in Rwanda that is building the next generation of global health professionals—doctors, nurses, researchers, and public health and policy experts—into leaders and change-makers who strive to deliver more equitable, quality health services for all.
Job Title: Campus Operations Manager
Reports to: Director of Campus Operations and Community Engagement
Location: Butaro, Rwanda
Position Overview: Reporting to the Director of Campus Operations (DCO), the Campus Operations Manager (COM) is responsible for a range of activities in overseeing the day-to-day campus operations of the campus. Main responsibilities include hospitality (ie dining, cleaning, and accommodations), warehousing, supply chain, and logistics, program support, transport, among others.
- Assist the DCO in operating the Butaro campus each day in an efficient, safe, and cost-effective manner.
- Oversee main services on campus including dining, cleaning, campus waste disposal, warehousing and accommodations.
- Provide program support to academic teams throughout the duration of the school year as well as during special programs and events.
- Coordinate with other campus operations team managers to ensure the operations department is supporting each team to meet their required functions.
- Work with campus leaders to set monthly priorities and determine key tasks.
- Manage staff and create feasible work plans that harmonize with one another.
- Coordinate with other UGHE departments to support the academic, research, and other programmatic activities hosted on the Butaro campus.
- Create a technical Campus Operations Manual for all functions along with accompanying Standard Operating Procedures.
- Collaborate with the DCO and Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to continually develop and improve campus operational systems to better meet the needs of the residents.
- Participate in annual and strategic planning for UGHE’s operations.
- Support fundraising and other guest visits to the Butaro campus.
- Provide support as needed to all other managers on the operations team.
- Hire, train, and supervise all employees and other direct reports necessary to meet the campus operations requirements.
- Communicate regularly with operations managers and officers of other universities to cross-share information and troubleshoot.
- Report to the Director of Campus Operations and Community Engagement with timely updates on current operations
Supply Chain & Logistics
- Assist the procurement team to create and manage systems to ensure an efficient campus supply chain system that minimizes stock-outs and waste.
- Assist in contract negotiations for procurement selection as well as support the procurement team in local and international procurement of consumables, equipment, and imported goods in relation to this program.
- Work with procurement to ensure that UGHE’s procurement is sourced from the Butaro District as much as possible.
- Actively partake in weekly calls with the Boston and Kigali Supply Chain team carrying out international procurement for the Butaro campus.
- Serve as the primary point person for organization logistics, working across the team to optimize the use of vehicles and staff.
- Meet with the Community Advisory Council in Burera District to build and maintain excellent relationships with our neighbors in the cell, sector, and district.
- Coordinate with local and national authorities to ensure that the Butaro campus is in compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor and review monthly spending against budget.
- Supervise the implementation of budget lines in accordance with rules and regulations, and in coordination with DCO.
- Develop a fluent understanding of operations components of a budget and make day-to-day spending decisions within decided upon guidelines.
- Minimum of three years of work experience in operations, leadership, hospitality, hotel management, supply chain, logistics, project management or other related fields.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s in related field strongly desired
- Experience managing complex operations in a resource-limited setting.
- Knowledge and experience in higher education, hotel management or global health is strongly preferred; knowledge and experience in both is desired.
- Excellent communication and writing skills; ability to articulate UGHE’s and PIH’s mission and program objectives persuasively.
- Ability to serve as an external representative to government officials, UGHE partners, and donors.
- Ability to live in Butaro full time (including weekends as needed) required.
- English and Kinyarwanda proficiency required; French knowledge highly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage complex projects from creation to completion, plan and prioritize multiple projects, and coordinate teams to meet deadlines.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and organizations.
- Demonstrated poise, tact, integrity, and professionalism.
- Interest in social justice strongly desirable.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 8th August, 2020.