Campus Operations Assistant at University of Global Health Equity (UGHE)
- Company: University of Global Health Equity (UGHE)
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Butaro
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
Job Title: Campus Operations Assistant
Reports to: Director of Campus Operations and Community Engagement
Location: Butaro, Rwanda
Reporting to the Director of Campus Operations and Community Engagement, the Campus Operations Assistant (COA) is responsible for a range of administrative activities as well as assisting in the subsequent day-to-day campus operations. This role’s responsibilities are primarily administrative and logistics-based; they will require great diplomacy, discretion, resourcefulness, and flexibility as this individual will be working closely with a diverse range of people within and outside of the organization. The COA role offers an unparalleled opportunity for someone with an interest in operations, education, health and social justice, providing great exposure to the frontline activities and inner workings of a pioneering university.
- Provide operational and administrative assistance to the Director of Campus Operations on a wide range of activities
- Assist the campus operations to create all campus life activities (games, outdoor setup, outfitting new houses)
- Oversee all administrative and set ups of all offices on campus and manage administration supplies in offices and classrooms
- Assist in managing calendars and requests for meetings
- Facilitate meeting logistics including space, conference lines, agendas, preparation materials, notes, and follow-up
- Liaise between the operations department and other relevant departments such as logistics, administration, finance, academic program teams, etc.
- Assist the operation team and be a backup to different teams whenever needed
- Assist and lead activities during the outfiting of new houses both classes and residentials
- Assist in the procurement of with the Procurement and Logistics Team to ensure that the campus has the full supply of goods and services needed.
Assisting in Day-to-Day Campus Operations:
- Assist the DCO in operating the Butaro campus each day in an efficient, safe, and cost-effective manner.
- Coordinating with warehouse, hosptality, transport and clerkship team members to ensure the administration supplies are available is supporting each team to meet their required functions.
- Coordinate with other UGHE departments to help provide operational assistance for the academic, research, and other programmatic activities hosted on the Butaro campus (including special events.)
- Provide support as needed to all other managers on the operations team.
- Assist in all campus supply chain and logistical activities as needed
- Provide support to new initiatives for the University’s growing portfolio and serve as an additional resource for top priority projects. In the past, such projects have included UGHE commencement, ribbon-cutting ceremonies, and research support.
- Manage the submission and follow-up on all campus operations financial forms.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; background/interest in business administration, operations, procurement and logistics, and/or global health desired
- 2-3 years of experience working in operations, preferably universities
- Ability to live in Butaro full-time beginning (including most weekends) required
- English and Kinyarwanda proficiency required; French knowledge preferred
- Ability to work independently and take initiative; must be a quick learner, able to multi-task and easily adapt to changing circumstances
- Advanced organizational skills and capacity to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Ability to effectively work on a team in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Computer skills in word processing, database, and spreadsheet programs; proficiency in Microsoft Office or Google G Suite applications
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, partners, and clients
- Demonstrated maturity and judgment
- Passion for social justice and desire to contribute to global health education
In addition to this application, applicants should provide: (1) curriculum vitae, (2) Undergraduate degree, (3) a cover letter discussing your interest in UGHE and relevant experience.
UGHE is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is on a mission to radically change the way health care is delivered around the world. UGHE is a new university based in Rwanda that is growing the next generation of global health professionals—doctors, nurses, researchers, and public health and policy experts—into leaders and change makers who strive to deliver more equitable, quality health services for all. The University launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery (MGHD). Through an academic experience uniquely rooted in the values of equity, students are empowered to both ease suffering at the bedside and drive transformational, systemic changes to the health system. UGHE is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care.
In over nearly three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high quality healthcare to some of the world’s most marginalized communities. Nowhere has this impact been more profound than in Rwanda, where Inshuti Mu Buzima—PIH’s sister organization—and our government partners have driven innovation for a decade.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The UGHE team seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team. Partners In Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Commitment to Safeguarding and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Sexual Harassment:
At UGHE, we are committed to ensuring that those who benefit from our work- including community members – as well as our students, contractors, staff and visitors to our campus are treated with dignity and respect and protected from sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment and any form of systemic abuse, whilst reducing risk and vulnerabilities. A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with UGHE’s policy.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 8th August, 2023.