AYSRH and Disability Specialist at UN Volunteers
- Company: UN Volunteers
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
Host entity- UNFPA
Location, Country- Kigali (RWA)
Language skills- English , Kinyarwanda
Expected Starting Date- Immediate
Duration- 12 months
Application deadline- 27 June 2021
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Program Coordinator, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Support the practical application of UNFPA disability inclusion in delivering SRH/GBV/CSE services for adolescents and youths living with disabilities, including humanitarian settings;
- Work in collaboration with UNFPA implementing partners to integrate disability inclusion in adolescent and youth and SRH interventions;
- Monitor implementation of disability inclusion initiatives through project reviews and analysis of programming data and recommend appropriate corrective actions to address the identified challenges;
- Facilitate disability inclusion integration in AYSRH/GBV/CSE Communication Campaigns;
- Participate in national disability inclusion coordination mechanisms and make a substantial contribution;
- Support advocacy efforts through preparing policy briefs with a focus on disability inclusion for adolescents and youths;
- Analyse disability inclusion knowledge and trends to share knowledge, recommend programming opportunities, and initiate appropriate policy dialogue actions.
Advanced degree in Public Health, Community Health, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Education and other related field, preferably at a Master’s degree level.
Minimum 5 years of professional experience
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Kinyarwanda(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- At least five years of professional experience in project planning and management are working on issues of inclusive development, focusing on either adolescents and youth, sexual and reproductive health, rights, and gender;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and fluency in English and Kinyarwanda;
- Proficiency in current office software applications;
- Experience in project planning, reporting, coordination, partnerships, and advocacy relevant to disability inclusion;
- Working experience with the United Nations, non-government organizations, and persons with disabilities networks.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27th June, 2021.