Associate Director – Oncology Program at Partners In Health/inshuti Mu Buzima (Pih)
- Company: Partners In Health/inshuti Mu Buzima (Pih)
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Butaro
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Rwanda
Position Title: Associate Director – Oncology Program
Reports to: Chief Medical Officer and Burera District program director- PIH/IMB
Base: Burera District, Butaro District Hospital
SUMMARY OF ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a lead position for PIH/IMB’s Oncology Program covering all three PIH/IMB supported districts. Because the Oncology Centre of Excellence is based in Burera, this role Holder will be based in Burera District and will work closely with the Burera District Program Director and Butaro Hospital Leadership to oversee IMB drive to advance delivery of accessible and equitable quality cancer care. Oncology activities cover the continuum of public health and clinical care from Health Promotion to Screening, diagnostics, capacity building in cancer care, quality improvement, research and impact evaluation. This position is responsible for the strategic execution, day to day program oversight and activity management, Patient Care, National Oncology program support and strengthening and support of all IMB Oncology Program related partnerships. He/she will be a key play in strategic leadership, resource mobilization and budgeting, partnership management including working with MoH/RBC Oncology program and the Cancer Technical Working Committee and Oncology Program team member leadership, work-plan development and execution, internal and external reporting, clinical care and elaboration of and promotion of care protocols compliance.
Program Management and Systems Building:
Working with the Burera DPD and the BDH Leadership, He/She will oversee the implementation of oncology program 5 years strategic plan.
Supervise Oncology program staff and ensure fidelity in activity implementation
Lead multidisciplinary management meetings for oncology teams to discuss and address any programmatic, clinical, personnel and/or administrative issues.
Liaise with pharmacy and procurement teams to ensure a stable supply chain and availability of oncology-related medications, supplies and equipment
Support Butaro pathology laboratory activities and continuous growth
Provide technical support to the Rwanda MoH/RBC on national cancer-related delivery systems, including but not limited to, clinical protocols, screening, laboratory, radiotherapy, pathology, and palliative care initiatives.
Participate in the National Oncology TwC and serve to advocate for increase access to affordably, accessible and quality Oncology care services
Coordinate weekly oncology tumor board meetings and ensure proper documentation and follow-up on meeting resolutions. Oversee and advise on patient transfers to referral facilities
Support the Butaro Hospital Medical Director, Nursing Director to ensure proper and harmonized functioning of cancer care and quality assurance initiatives.
Capacity Building and Education
In collaboration with local and international collaborators, Execute a clear Capacity development plan including promoting continue medical education and training to cancer-related personnel at IMB sites in alignment with the 5-Year strategic plan targets
Advise and inform national cancer training materials and curriculum in collaboration with local and international collaborators
Serve as primary mentor for visiting Rwandan and international students and trainees at IMB sites where applicable.
Impact Evaluation (Monitoring, Evaluation, & Research)
Collaborate closely with information systems and EMR team to ensure accurate data and the implementation of EMR inpatient point of care.
Manage the execution of Oncology program activities to ensure achievement of key performance indicators
Working with the IMB Research team and the Oncology Research associate, ensure a proactive oncology program research agenda with inclement of clinicians in quality improvement and operational research projects activities and ensure data utilization for continuous program growth
Support development and review of national clinical protocols, care delivery SOPs and oncology-related policies
Will serve as the primary contact point especially with PIH Boston colleagues and other partners to ensure health partnership engagement and effective communications
Will management partnership engagement and curate out risk, opportunities and areas of strengthening for mutual benefit
Qualifications and skills needed
- Compassion, Kindness with a passion to serve the Poor and Vulnerable
- Be an MD with Masters in clinical Programs
- Masters degree in public health, global health or other related fields.
- Significant experience in leading cancer care related programs
- Highly motivated with strong history of Program leadership, exposure to Oncology Clinical care and demonstrable experience mentoring health care teams
- Experience living and working in a resource-limited setting
- Highly organized, having program managerial skills and willing to continue providing clinical care services
- Understands and upholds principles of health care equity and social justice
- Knowledgeable of Rwanda national Oncology care priorities experience in cancer care
- Fluency in English and computer prof.
- Ability to work well with diverse team.
- Ability to work and live in rural places.
- Ability to live PIH/IMB values: Ubumuntu, Ubupfura, Ubwubahane, Ubunyangamugayo, Ubumwe, Agaciro, Kugira ishyaka.
- At Partners In Health, we are committed to ensuring that those who benefit from our work- including our patients, families and community members – as well as our staff are treated with dignity and respect and protected from sexual exploitation, abuse and sexual harassment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 12th June, 2022.