Welcome to Jobweb Rwanda. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Rwanda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click here to subscribe for job alerts
We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
Good Neighbors Rwanda Tel +250-735-769-221, P.O.Box5125 Kigali, Rwanda
Good Neighbors International (GNI) is an international humanitarian and developmental organization in General Consultative Status with UN ECOSOCO operating in 40 countries around the world. GNI in Rwanda (a.k.a. GNR) has endeavored to improve child sponsorship and protection, health, education, WASH, agriculture & livelihood, humanitarian assistance, advocacy, and social economy in 4 districts (Gasabo, Kamony, Gisagara, and Nyamagabe) since 1994. We would like to recruit different staff with the following positions:
1. Position: Agronomist 2
1 for Huye and 1 for Karongi
Task and responsibilities:
- To execute and monitor agricultural projects through regular checking
- To co-work with participants/ beneficiaries and the local authority for self-reliance in the field area
- To plan, monitor and supervise agricultural activities
- To assist sector agronomist and other stakeholders in determining ways of cultivating crops on different plots of land, having in consideration the conditions of soil
- To train participants/farmers on cultivation methods
- To assist in selecting and procurement of the seeds, fertilizers and other materials required for plant growth
- To coordinate all site activities with regard to the implementation of Land husbandry technologies
- Assisting farmers in Applying received lime and compost and make sure they are applied at the right time and dose.
- To bring in cares and faculties to the good utilization of all material and equipment of the project
- To guide and oversee the correct implementation of the planned activities by the site.
- To execute and submit regular reports including Monthly Operational Reports, any executions plans and official Project Proposal Form (PPF), to Project Manager
- To check efficiency, effectiveness, and impacts of programs/projects through regular monitoring and reporting to Project Manager
- To have a proper partnership with local government (officers) through improved communication skills and evaluation
- To monitor regular field visits and have meetings with beneficiaries and stakeholder in order for checking, reporting and submitting the procedure and progress of on-going projects to project Manager
- To participate in regular meetings with community people, especially with communities and local authorities for finding local needs
- To perform additional jobs assigned by the Country Director and/or Project Manager
Qualifications and experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Agronomy, crop sciences, and/or related fields from a recognized University with at least 4 years’ field experience in a similar position/field.
- Full working knowledge of English and Kinyarwanda languages
- Should pay respect to custom and cultural behavior of residents of operating area
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and report writing skills.
- Honest and transparent
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- It is a field-based position. So, he/ she should be ready to travel to the field to the agriculture farms and Cooperatives in the rural areas
Method of Application
The interested candidates must submit directly their application letter addressed to Country Director; recent and detailed curriculum vitae written in English; relevant certificates; Diploma required; a photocopy of the National Identity Card at Good Neighbors International, Head Office (Kigali); located at Kimihurura, opposite to Lemigo Hotel (FAIRVIEW building_3rd floor, right-wing) by September 07th, 2020 before 5 pm.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Rwanda. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE