Agribusiness Advisor For Shora Neza Project at DUHAMIC-ADRI
- Company: DUHAMIC-ADRI
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Rwanda
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT TO HIRE Agribusiness Advisor for SHORA NEZA Project
DUHAMIC-ADRI is a local non-profit organization based in Kigali, the capital of Rwanda, Kicukiro District, Niboye Sector. Since October 2023, DUHAMIC-ADRI is implementing Shora Neza Project in partnership with WFP under funding opportunity from the Mastercard Foundation (the Foundation). This project is being implemented in Southern and Western Provinces with the aim to create new and strengthen existing employment opportunities for young men and women, while considering their different needs, through strengthened, interlinked, and efficient agricultural value chains.
The Project intends to contribute to food systems strengthening to create employment opportunities for young males and females with a focus on the following segments of different value chains:
- Market Access: Increased smallholder farmer incomes by connecting them to premium public and private markets for sales at national and regional levels.
- Post-harvest Management (PHM): Improved quality and reduced post-harvest losses through the promotion of a vibrant, youth-led market for post-harvest (PH) equipment and services.
- Access to Finance: Enhanced linkages to formal financial products and services by project beneficiaries.
With the above background, DUHAMIC-ADRI would like to recruit Two (2) Agribusiness Advisor for the SHORA NEZA Project to improve youth employment conditions through Food systems strengthening to create employment opportunities for youth and to set in place a vibrant and functional Farmer Service Centre (FSC) model to connect and interlink all value chain actors.
Job Location: Western Province and Southern Province (District of Project Office, to be determined)
Report to: Project cluster Manager of SHORA NEZA Project
Net Salary: 851,678 RWF
Interested candidates shall fulfill the following conditions, qualifications, and skills:
- Master’s degree in Agribusiness, Agricultural economics, or Bachelor’s degree in crop production, agribusiness, and animal production with the agribusiness related field;
- Having experience of at least 5 years in value chain development, market research, and linkages;
- Proven experience to work with farmers’ organizations in the areas of agriculture extension services, financial linkages, market facilitation and linkages, and job creation, especially for youth and women in the fields of agricultural value chains;
- Full working knowledge of English and Kinyarwanda languages.
- Respectful of custom and cultural behaviour of residents of the operating area.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft word, Excel, power point) and report writing skills.
- Honest and transparent.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Field-based and ready to travel to field in the rural areas.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimum supervision,
- Integrity, Professionalism and Transparency,
- Be available and ready to start immediately after notification for this position;
- Strong capacity and creativity in leading and facilitating participatory methodologies to meaningfully engage beneficiaries and receiving their feedback
Notice: Young candidates are encouraged to apply.
Major responsibilities for the Agribusiness Advisors
Responsibilities of the Agribusiness Advisor include, but are not limited to:
- Participating in the technical design, coordination, implementation and daily delivery of the Shora Neza project’s FSCs development activities in the Western Province or Southern Province Western Province;
- Be responsible to facilitate the youth dialogues that aim to identify the FSCs and other primary participants including the young farmers;
- Supporting the identification, establishment and profiling of a dynamic database of potential FSCs;
- Developing an incubation programme for the 600 FSCs that is customized and tailored to their capacity and market needs, and that includes user-friendly training, peer-learning content and digital technologies;
- Promoting the adoption of good agri-business practices among the FSCs and the youth farmers, and facilitating their extension through various platforms such as the Farmer Field Schools approaches;
- Organizing and facilitating the regular participation of youth women and men in agri-show and other exhibition events;
- Developing Terms of reference for cooperative and Farmer Saving Groups representative trainings;
- Promoting and facilitating coaching, mentoring and peer-learning among the FSCs for better business performance;
- Facilitating the regular performance monitoring of FSCs and the supported young/Youth farmers to track their personal and business growth;
- Organizing entrepreneurs’ ideas competitions debates across the project coverage area;
- Working closely with the procurement unit for solicitation of agribusiness inputs and services;
- Collaborating with the project Service provider to empower FSCs through Post-harvest handling and storage (PHHS) and commodity standards training, and establishment of conservation agriculture demo plots for youth farmers;
- Supporting coaching and mentorship activities for the established youth-led businesses;
- Supporting in the establishment of online and/or offline channel to disseminate weather and crop insurance information to all youth in agri-food system;
- Preparing case studies, reports, and presentations in support of programs delivery;
- Executing and submitting regular reports including monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, annual reports, and any executions plans;
- Having proper partnership with local government through improved communication skills and evaluation;
- Monitoring regular field visits and having meetings with beneficiaries and stakeholders in order to check, report and submit the procedure and progress of on-going projects activities to the hierarchical supervisors;
- Performing additional jobs assigned by the hierarchical supervisors.
Protection from sexual exploitation and sexual abuse, Safeguarding and anti-fraud Responsibilities:
By applying to this position, I understand and acknowledge that DUHAMIC-ADRI treats all people with dignity and respect and takes zero tolerance on harassment, harm, sexual exploitation and abuse (all forms of abuse), exploitation, child labor, and human trafficking, and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others and case should be reported. DUHAMIC-ADRI didn’t tolerate any form of corruption.
This position is open to any candidate fulfilling the required conditions, qualifications, and skills without any discrimination. Women and persons with disabilities fulfilling the requirements are strongly encouraged to apply
Method of Application
Interested candidates will send their applications which include a motivational letter addressed to the DUHAMIC-ADRI Executive Secretary, a detailed CV including the copy of National Identification Card, copy of the degree(s), and other relevant certificates to the following email address: [email protected] no later than November, 20th, 2023 at 5:00 pm.
Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written and oral exams.
Done at Kigali, November, 13th, 2023