Accountant/administrator at Imitana Productions Ltd
- Company: Imitana Productions Ltd
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Rwanda
Imitana productions, is a film production company based in Kigali, Rwanda. it was founded by two award winning filmmakers in 2014. Our main missionl is to produce films of word-class artistic value, changing the stereotypic narrative of Rwanda in cinema, by telling our stories in personal, subtle and poetic approaches. We want re-invent and create our own cinematic accent, fetching from our local and international influences from different art-forms.
Our portfolio has been growing fast with our films reaching international audiences. Our last film “Imfura” has won the Silver Bear Jury price award for short film at the Berlin International FIlm Festival (the second most important film festival worldwide), it went on to win and getting official selections in other oscar qualifying film festivals like the Palm Springs international ShortFest and Raindance Film Festival.
Besides Film production Imitana runs training programs through different filmmaking workshops, where young aspiring filmmakers are gives access to skills and infrastructure needed to boost their filmmaking careers. With the funding of the Swiss Agency for Cooperation and Development (SDC) and other partners, Imitana has designed complimentary programs based mainly on trainings, that will run for the next 4 years.
2. JOB PURPOSE
We are looking for an Accountant/Admin officer to join our company to assist us in managing the financial activities and also help in the management and coordination of the different company projects.
To qualify for this position you should have multi-tasking and organisational skills and a good team player.
- Maintain a proper receipt, custody and disbursement of funds supported by appropriate vouchers
- Prepare documents for payment of goods and services after checking the conformity and accuracy of payment requests
- Prepare the Cash Books and General Ledger using an appropriate accounting software to produce income and expenditure reports and other financial reports and statements
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements at the end of each month and timely produce accurate financial reports as per the set deadlines
- Facilitate the internal and external audit exercises.
- Preparation of various tax returns
- Prepare and book bank deposits and transfers
- Reconcile various general ledger accounts monthly.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Prepare annual depreciation and depletion tax schedules.
- Prepare monthly payroll
- Ensure budget control
- Advise in finance
- Ensure administrative duties:
- Support to effective and efficient functioning of the Company,
- Implementation of project schedule,
- Administrative and logistical support,
- Support to office maintenance and assets management,
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing
4. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, with at least 1 year working experience in the field.
- Knowledge of accounting Software such as QuickBooks, Tally, SAGE 50 or 100
- Proficiency in financial management systems
- Resource management skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Time management skills
- Digital literacy skills
Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/or French. Knowledge of all is an added advantage.
Method of ApplicationApplication letter addressed to the Managing Director of Imitana productions
Recent Curriculum Vitae (CV) with proven work Experience,
Notarised education certificates,
A copy of National Identification
Three referees with their telephone numbers and email address.
Please send your application
at [email protected] in one document.
The deadline for submitting applications is 10th October 2022 at 5 pm local time.