Umutanguha Finance Company Ltd (UFC) Jobs in Rwanda : Saving and Loans Officers
Welcome to JobWebRwanda. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Rwanda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Umutanguha Finance Company Ltd (UFC)
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Rwanda
ADVERT FOR SAVING AND LOAN OFFICERS IN UMUTANGUHA FINANCE COMPANY PLC (UFC)
Umutanguha Finance Company Plc (UFC), a microfinance institution operating in Rwanda headquartered in Kigali, Opposite Nyamirambo Stadium, House # 177, KN2 Avenue, P.O Box 2998 Kigali, Tel 0788387730, email: [email protected] wishes to recruit focused, results-oriented, suitably qualified and experienced professionals to fill the positions of “Saving and Loans Officers”.
The Loan Officer reports to the Branch Manager or his/her deputy
Number of vacancies
Currently 5 positions
Full time, Open-ended contract with a prior 3-month probation period
All provinces of Rwanda and City of Kigali
June 13th, 2019
June 21st, 2019 at 5:00 pm
A. Responsibilities with regard to saving mobilization and cross-selling of other UFC products:
The Saving and Loan Officers are responsible for the growth of deposit volume at branch level by mobilizing savings from new clients as well as existing ones. They will be responsible for the development of the relationship between clients and the company (UFC). Their detailed responsibilities are as follows:
- Generate & develop deposits and new deposit pipeline by providing product knowledge, customer services, and managing customer relationships
- Sell the Deposits products to the existing and potential clients
- Enhance and establishes a relationship with existing & prospective customers in the segment by visiting/talking to clients on a daily basis
- Solicit new business from present and prospective customers; maintains ongoing business relationships with present customers in order to take advantage of additional cross-selling opportunities.
- Involve in savings promotion activities according to specifics of areas planned.
- Follow up and make sure that the accounts activated by his/her promotion are actively used by the customers.
- Ensure the establishment and maintenance of the strong rapport with the clients
- Advise clients on the uptake and usage of UFC Alternative delivery channels (Agency banking, Mobile banking, SMS banking, etc)
- Refer clients that are illegible for other UFC products to the respective departments
- Achieve all business targets within the allocated time
B. Responsibilities with regard to credit
The Saving and Loan officers are responsible for the quality loan portfolio and its growth at the respective branch with the following duties:
- Mobilize clients for the purpose of lending to them.
- Train individual clients and group members in the UFC lending methodology
- Supervise financial education trainings conducted by clients’ trainers
- Guide, monitor, and supervise groups activities
- Evaluate and assess the credit risk of individual clients and groups by inspecting businesses and households of potential clients, appraise client’s business and repayment capability before disbursing loans.
- Generate and submit on time accurate documentation to enable loans to be disbursed.
- Maintain complete and accurate loan documentation and post disbursement monitoring
- Follow up with clients to recover loans.
- Participate and/or hold cluster meetings.
- Take individual actions as per policy to recover delinquent and written-off loans
- Prepare and submit reports on the number of clients, repayments, portfolio quality, loan recoveries and follow-up action on delinquent loans.
- Prepare and submit reports on the number of clients, repayments, portfolio quality, loan recoveries and follow-up action on delinquent loans as well as written-off loans.
- Good Marketing skills
- Good Communication and Negotiation skills
- Credit analysis and problem-solving skills
- Business management skills
- Good computer skills especially excel
- Good interpersonal skill and Strong personal network
- Exceptional communication ability in Kinyarwanda and working knowledge in French and/or English.
Qualifications and other requirements
- University degree in Commerce, Business, Management, Economics, agri-business or related fields
- At least one year experience in a position related to either loan officer, marketing, community mobilization, preferably in a SACCO/microfinance/banking institution
- Minimum age: 21 years old, Maximum age: 45 years old.
Please submit your:
- The application letter (addressed to the Chief Executive Officer of UFC)
- Curriculum vitae
- Studies documents (copies of Certificates, academic transcripts, degree, etc)
- Training and experience documents
- A list of three references and their contacts
How to Apply
Electronically to [email protected]
A list of shortlisted candidates together with instructions for the next steps will be available on the company’s website www.ufinance.co.rw (Careers section) on 25th June 2019 and they will not be contacted individually.