Storekeeper at Chillington Rwanda Ltd
- Company: Chillington Rwanda Ltd
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
STOREKEEPER AT CHILLINGTON RWANDA LTD.
About Chillington Rwanda
Established in 1982 as an agricultural hand tool company, Chillington Rwanda has diversified into steel and iron castings. It is now the sole manufacturer of casted metal spare parts in Rwanda and specializes in casted wearable parts for the Agriculture, Construction, Cement, Mining, Quarries, and Utility industries. Chillington Rwanda also has a well-equipped machine shop to serve virtually all your needs in spares. Chillington is a key player in the metal industry in the country and recently diversified into the Healthcare Industry with 3-layered facemasks to contribute to the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
The storekeeper is responsible for the maintenance of all departments’ storerooms at Chillington Rwanda Ltd. He/She will be performing activities such as stocking of operational and production materials and supplies, inventory control and purchasing records, and other related duties.
2. JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Take delivery of all incoming materials and reconcile with purchase orders and dispatch items to different departments according to company policies.
- Document daily deliveries and received items to update inventory using best bookkeeping practices.
- Track, document, and resolve any discrepancies on received orders.
- Ensure accuracy of the facility’s inventory system by updating records of physical inventory totals, receipts, adjustments, and returns.
- Manage inventory/supplies and ensure they are within the established minimum and maximum levels.
- Design and implement an inventory tracking system to optimize inventory control procedures.
- Examine the levels of supplies and raw material to determine shortages.
- Ensure that the store is kept clean and organized.
- Propose strategies to reduce costs and improve procedures of supply chain logistics.
- Monitor demand and analyze data to anticipate future supply and logistical needs.
- Keep up-to-date records of receipts and withdrawals from the stockroom.
- Advise employees on methods of properly handling and storing received materials and equipment.
- Schedule work for special and periodic inventories.
- Reject damaged, unacceptable or incorrect items.
- Notify the Procurement and Production of any low stock levels.
- Identify and report any slow-moving items to avoid over purchasing.
- Ensure all store requisitions are signed by relevant Heads of Department (HOD) and approved by relevant parties according to company’s procedures.
- Investigate any discrepancies between physical count and theoretical inventory and inform the relevant people in top management at least the accountant, general manager, and managing director.
- Ensure all employees uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management or supervisors
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, accounting, logistics, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Solid knowledge of data analysis, inventory management, and forecasting techniques.
- An analytical mind with strong attention to detail, and knowledge of using MS Excel and Word.
- Coordinate with Procurement and report directly to the Chief Accountant
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem-solving, proactive critical thinking skills
- Accounting background preferred
Method of Application
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter, and references to [email protected]