Speechwriter & Media Specialist at Embassy of the United Arab Emirates in Rwanda
- Company: Embassy of the United Arab Emirates in Rwanda
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising/Media Jobs in Rwanda
Title: Speechwriter & Media Specialist
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Immediate Supervisor: The Ambassador
Expected Starting Date: As soon as possible
- Provide support to the strategic agenda of the Ambassador through researching, drafting and editing wide range of materials that are factually accurate and politically sound; including speeches, statements, reports, remarks, op-ed articles, messages, talking points, press statements, etc., on issues that cover the entire spectrum of the UAE Embassy.
- Identify the latest news, and reports and studies by other international organizations on topics that the Ambassador would be addressing in speeches and retrieve relevant ideas, facts, and figures.
- Monitor keynote speeches by prominent stakeholders in the international arena, and identify strategic opportunities for the Ambassador to speak.
- Consulting and advising on the form and content of speeches and other materials to have the highest impact on target audiences.
- Performing other duties as required.
Developing Social Media Content
- Developing storylines and securing media coverage to increase the visibility of the UAE Embassy and partner project activities, nationally and internationally.
- Designing, and acting as a focal point for all media communications campaigns. Provide support through researching, drafting, and editing.
- Promoting the UAE Embassy through coordinating media coverage associated to attendance at events through media management and media partnerships.
- Developing and refining media-related guidelines and strategies, and monitor and evaluate results and impact.
- Keeping abreast with emerging and trending news and media stories;
- Performing other duties as required.
Key technical skills & knowledge required
- Writing: able to write compelling narratives in a variety of formats (speech, article, blog, report) based on a variety of sources.
- Content Development: able to develop complex and highly visible materials for internal and external use.
- Content and Style Editing: demonstrates in-depth proficiency in rewriting or editing complex communications material.
- Research and Identification of Materials: able to scan large quantities of materials and to research own sources and materials as input in content development and writing.
- Proficient in working in Microsoft applications, Keynote, website, and knowledge of editing applications is an advantage.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to undertake research & analytical tasks.
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in communications, journalism, media, international relations or a related field with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is required.
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) with 7 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in journalism, speechwriting, international relations, media or a relevant field.
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic and/or French languages is an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested applicants fulfilling the above-mentioned criteria are invited to submit their application documents by email to [email protected]
The application should include a detailed Curriculum Vitae, a motivation letter and a copy of University degree(s) not later than the 29th November 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the Embassy.
Announced on 30th October 2019
Embassy of the United Arab Emirates in Rwanda