Rwanda Field Operations Intern at One Acre Fund
Welcome to JobWebRwanda. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Rwanda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: One Acre Fund
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Rwanda
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
Our goal is to increase the impact for the hundreds of thousands of farmers we serve across Rwanda by encouraging them to purchase impactful products and training them on better agricultural techniques. Our vision is to see a visible impact in the homes of every Rwandan farmer by 2030. Join our team and help us work towards this vision.
Are you a recent graduate or will soon graduate from your study program? Do you want to join the Rwanda Field Operations Team but might not have the required work experience yet to apply for a permanent role? Then this is your opportunity! We are currently seeking 8 interns that are motivated to join our Field Team in different roles to gain work experience and potentially permanently join our team.
When joining interns will participate in a 1-week-long onboarding program and receive intensive training on how to design and execute projects and trials. Over the period of your internship, you will get the opportunity to be part of a cohort of interns and receive regular training to build strong foundations for your future career.
We are offering interns to join in roles across our field team with varying responsibilities. To give you a better idea:
- Are you passionate about marketing and brand strategies? Join our Marketing and Enrollment team and directly help our program reach more farmers by for example supporting a new radio campaign.
- Are you interested in technology and how to solve issues through tech solutions? Join our FOPS Tech Team and for example, help create new media content for our Field Officers or help to improve their UX.
- Are you passionate about learning how to execute a big program at scale and manage a team of over 1,000 Field Officers? Join our Execution Team and support our customer satisfaction, client protection or team management.
- Are you interested in how One Acre Fund can manage repayment of more than 350,000 clients? Join our Mobile Money and Repayment Team and for example, work on innovative solutions to increase tech literacy among TUBURA farmers.
- Do you dream of designing a new business model or test new ideas in the field? Join our Research and Innovation team and for example, propose new ideas on how to increase fertilizer adoption.
- And many more…
Apply today and tell us what YOU are passionate about. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis so we advise to apply as early as possible.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every 3 months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for strong critical thinkers who embrace learning new skills and enjoy solving problems. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Recent graduates or students who will graduate within the next 6-8 months.
- Self-driven problem solver.
- Strong critical thinker, with the ability to develop and communicate a clear theory of change
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders to achieve a common goal
- High level of detail orientation and self-organization. You should be a proactive problem solver and a strong communicator. This portfolio is a high priority for the organization and, as such, demands a high level of excellence in execution
- Humility and personal stability. We have a fantastic and likable team. We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service
- Language – English, and Kinyarwanda
August 20, 2019
Preferred Start Date
September 2, 2019
Interns will be provided with a reasonable stipend for the duration of their contract. Rural area based fellows will be provided assistance in locating suitable housing. The fellowship/internship program is a recruiting initiative.
3 – 6 months
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda. Rwanda country nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Note: Please submit a Resume/CV, not exceeding more than 1-2 pages, which includes Education, Work Experience, Specialized/Technical Skills, Achievements/Awards and any other Experience (Volunteering, Extracurricular, etc). References do not need to be included, and will only be required upon request, after the final interview.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.