Quality Control Officer at FXB Rwanda
- Company: FXB Rwanda
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
ABOUT FXB RWANDA
FXB Rwanda is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) envisioning to create a world fitting for children. Through standardized interventions and implementation approaches, FXB Rwanda addresses the root causes of poverty as means of securing children’s rights to survive, grow and develop. FXB Rwanda intervenes in economic strengthening, early childhood development, nutrition, health, water, sanitation and hygiene, violence prevention, climate change and environment conservation. Follow this link, to learn more on our intervening areas. At FXB Rwanda, we cherish: integrity, teamwork, Honesty, Accountability, Creativity and Innovation values
ABOUT THE POSITION
FXB Rwanda is collaborating with National Industrial Research and Development Agency (NIRDA) to run Phyto Social Enterprise (POSE) project aiming at the conservation of medicinal plants and their processing into herbal medicinal products for satisfactory national consumption. FXB Rwanda seeks to recruit qualified personnel tasked with testing and verifying product quality against the predefined standards and carrying out other functions concerned with this job role.
Job title: Quality Control officer
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Number of positions: One (1)
Employment category: Fixed-term 12 months, Subject to renewal based on performance
Start date: As Soon As Possible
Location: Huye District.
The quality control officer will be qualified personnel responsible for taking activities related to the quality control and quality assurance of raw materials and finished herbal medicinal products. He/she will be also in charge of a number of tasks such as batch review, approval of incoming raw material requests and subsequent release, change control, and validation-related activities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the work of quality standards establishments for the products produced under POSE project collaborating with NIRDA team and other POSE team members;
- Discover the flaws or variations in the starting materials and the manufacturing processes to ensure smooth and uninterrupted production;
- Undertake all steps which are required to achieve the desired quality of the products;
- Sampling, testing, and releasing of raw materials and packaging materials. Testing and release of semi-finished and finished products;
- Conduct the ongoing validation stability studies;
- Validate the analytical methods;
- Prepare periodic review of Specifications, Certificates, Methods, and Protocols;
- Provide analytical support for process validations, cleaning validations, validation of area and environment;
- Report, investigate and record out of specifications;
- Qualify and calibrate the instruments;
- Communicate with clients and laboratory for technical matters;
- Ensure that the project team members and laboratories in the process are technically capable of performing all of the tasks and responsibilities assigned;
- Provide the ongoing pieces of advice on the quality improvements and assurance practices in the whole project’s supply chain;
- Contribute to the program action plan and report developments;
- Fulfill any other task that can be assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and Requirements
- Having a BSc or MSc in the biopharmaceutical or biomedical science, chemistry, pharmacy, biology, food sciences, or another relevant Life Science degree;
- Having a 3 to 5 years recent working experience in the pharmaceutical or food industry is preferred, and up-to-date knowledge of GMPs regulations is an advantage;
- Experience in quality control positions is an added value;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required while that of French is an added value;
- Critical thinker and highly accurate quality person;
- Able to work alone as well as being a team player when required;
- In-depth understanding of quality systems such as ISO 9000, GMP, FSSC 22000, HACCP. Training certification about these systems bring in an added value;
- Knowledge of Natural Health product formulation is an asset;
- Flexible and able to operate in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent numerical skills and understanding of data analysis/statistical methods;
- Good knowledge of MS Office and databases;
- Attentive to details and a result-driven approach experience;
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
Method of Application
Interested candidates with required skills and competences are requested to submit their application documents at [email protected].
The application file needs to have: motivation letter addressed to FXB Rwanda Executive Director, CV, and well completed FXB application form found on this link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/68hw76cw49ch06q/Job_Application_Form_-__FXB.pdf .
- All the application files have to be merged into one pdf document not exceeding 5MBs.
The applications will be accepted not later than Friday, December 08, 2023 at 5:00PM. Be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.
Done at Ruyenzi on November 28, 2023