Programme Quality- Learning and Accountability (PQLA) Coordinator at ActionAid Rwanda (AAR)
- Company: ActionAid Rwanda (AAR)
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Rwanda
Position: Programme Quality- Learning and Accountability (PQLA) Coordinator
Responsible to: Head of Programmes and Policy
Location: ActionAid Rwanda Head Office – Kigali
Line Management: N/A
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The post holder will be responsible for leading advisory, motivating and supporting the Team to plan and manage activities aimed at achieving the goals and objectives of the AAR. The PQ, Learning and Accountability Coordinator would also contribute to the overall development of the AAR programme and its partners.
The Program Quality, Learning and Accountability will support the linkage between the AAR Programme a Team and the other units of AAR (such as Finance, Admin, HROE, etc…) plus partner organisations and agencies that the Team would collaborate with in developing direction for the Team in line with the Global and Country Strategic Paper (CSP) frameworks. The PQLAC improves the implementation and compliance to the Global Secretariat and Country Strategy papers in line with the planning systems of AAR; support capacity building in M&E systems, Knowledge Management to enhance programme quality and accountability to AAR’s primary stakeholders.
- Actively support the development/review/revision of strategic plans for AAR work within the framework of the Country Strategy Paper and other ActionAid strategies and frameworks.
- Support the development of longer-term plans for the AAR Programme within the context of the overall project.
- Derive 3-year annual plans for the AAR programme for inclusion in the rolling our 5-year CSP. Ensure the timely and proper execution of planned activities.
- Ensure the capturing of all experiences and best practice work in AAR Programme. Share this in accordance with AAR Sharing and Learning policies both for informing within the organization and among its partners but also to serve as a basis for programme design, development and management.
- Lead the AAR Team to work with and provide support to partners in refining the community level programme design and/or redesign and in the use of participatory methodologies and their adaptation.
- Contribute to policy briefs and media strategies that inform stakeholders about the policy positions of ActionAid and partners
- Work with team members and the other thematic teams to develop and implement a research and Knowledge Management initiatives to make AAR a learning Organization and share best practices.
- Ensure the development of a framework for continuous research on poverty and related areas.
- Manage Program Quality, frameworks, MIS Development linked to other internal systems including CMS and their Operationalization and lead the design of Monitoring and Evaluation and oversee their implementation to enable timely feedback on the impact of programmes/projects.
- Provide technical support to LRP teams and partners in the design of principled baseline surveys, researches, monitoring tools, on-going monitoring processes, formative evaluations, interim evaluations and final evaluations of projects/programmes.
- Support resource mobilization in proposal development and ensuring log frames and clear and actuate for donors and project implementers
- Monitor programme documentation, evaluations and sharing of experiences with internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor adherence to guidelines, policies, and procedures of field offices in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Provide quality assurance to program-related communication in field offices.
- Contribute to strategic decision making through CMT participation.
- Track institutional/Programmes objectives against goals, outcomes, purposes, and mission for the purpose of ensuring synergy and draw the attention of management to the results of the tracking and programmes Audit.
- Ensure that the partner system and ActionAid systems engender real partnership and accountability
- Ensure synergy between the Alps, the GMF and local M&E framework.
- Support Sponsorship team to fast track sponsorship strategies and their effects communities and children
- Capacity Building of AAR staff and Partners on Program Quality, M&E concepts, HRBA and skills to the organization and partner organizations; actively participate and contribute to Associate’s periodic annual planning & budgeting processes through leading PRRPs
- Keep abreast of evolving best practices in Monitoring and Evaluation rights-based work through contact with ActionAid, academic and donor publications and networks, sharing relevant knowledge and information with organization and partners
- Contributes to innovation and learning in the field of Impact Assessment, Rights and advocacy through contributions to publications, presentations, participation in workshops and other learning events
- Support the HoPP to coordinate partnership assessment initiatives in conjunction with other SMT and CMT members in AAR
- Oversee the development of programme Monitoring and evaluations; ToR are developed, and consultants are selected.
- Liaise with HoPP, other members, communications, IT and with HR/OE to define and coordinate research and documentation priorities
- Prepare AAR consolidated quarterly and annual reports and distribute to key stakeholders
- Coordinate preparation of documentation of effective methodologies/frameworks for strengthening AAR pro-poor accountability Monitoring and Evaluation and impact
- Lead PRRPs and prepare Knowledge and Learning Reports
- Collaborate with GS planning and reporting teams
- Liaise with GS Programme Quality Learning and Accountability Team to ensure quality programming at all levels
- Support Programme Appraisals of New LRP and management of Monitoring and Evaluation and Impact.
- Contribute to Associate’s periodic and annual planning, budgeting, reporting, monitoring and evaluation
- Share progress reports with other thematic coordinators for a better collaboration
- Perform other related duties as required by the line manager
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit in this filled application forms;
https://rwanda.actionaid.digital/jobs/2019/programme-quality-learning-and-accountability-pqla-coordinator to [email protected] not later than 12th September 2019 @ 5 PM. Indicate in the subject line: Programme Quality- Learning and Accountability (PQLA) Coordinator.
NB: Applications which are not in the required application forms will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
ActionAid is an equal opportunity employer and candidates will be expected to embody ActionAid’s values and adhere to organization policies including the Child Protection Policy.