Program Officer at More Space
- Company: More Space
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
Call for applications
In April 2020, the SPACE located at KG 511 street, Kigali-Gasabo was inaugurated. This hybrid and multidisciplinary place is dedicated to artistic creation in the heart of Kigali. SPACE is a non-profit organization (NGO).
A STAGE IN THE HEART OF Kigali FOR “THE DIALOGUE OF THE ARTS”
The artistic and cultural project of ESPACE aims to support the creation and distribution of live shows (adult, family, young audience), to promote cinema, the plastic arts and to encourage their encounter with all audiences. A specific, demanding project, in particular in favor of inventive interdisciplinary forms, with particular attention paid to creations integrating live music, dance, theater and cinema with the aim of raising everyone’s awareness of the decompartmentalisation and mixing of genres. Relationships built around shows included in the program, but also exhibitions and artistic practice workshops conducted in collaboration with the artists.
Job title: Program Officer
Under the responsibility of: General Manager
Place of work: The position is based in Kigali; however, the post holder should expect to spend up to 20% of the time occasionally in different provinces of Rwanda. Possibility of specific missions abroad.
Working language: French and Kinyarwanda, English would be an asset
Duration of the contract: Annually renewable
Job Purpose: The incumbent will be responsible for managing all aspects of project delivery including planning, team and resource management, budgets, contract management, relationships with the partner and the coordination of partners more specific to the Rwanda Cultural Support program (PAC GL Rwanda). He/she will be responsible for the overall execution of the project in Rwanda, quality, performance and management of the project implementation in line with the objectives of the PAC GL Rwanda project.
- Design and plan the policy and strategies of the organization and projects;
- Supervise the activities of the PAC GL Rwanda projects under the responsibility of the General Manager
- Ensure regular monitoring of ESPACE Plus activities;
- Ensure periodic evaluations;
- Propose new directions;
- Ensure weekly, monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual planning of activities;
- Ensure the timely presentation of quarterly, half-yearly and annual activity reports of the PAC GL Rwanda project and other ESPACE Plus projects under his responsibility;
- Represent the CEO by delegation;
- Write the files to be submitted to donors
- Carry out any other task entrusted to it by the Director General;
- Project budget monitoring;
- Administer the staff under his responsibility;
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grant administration process;
- Master’s degree in project management (or 4 to 6 years of professional experience in the administration of non-profit organizations, writing grant applications or fundraising, managing cultural projects would be an asset).
- Proven track record of analytical and persuasive writing, as well as superior editing skills, including the ability to convey complex information clearly to a diverse audience;
- Strong administrative skills and self-motivation with the ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks under minimal supervision effectively and efficiently;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality;
- Extensive experience working with civil society or international cooperation in grant management;
- Proven ability to deliver high quality professional results;
Desired skills and experience:
- Excellent project management skills with experience managing and overseeing administrative projects.
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Good understanding of the overall goals of the organization and its objectives
- Possess a good knowledge of finance and budget planning and strategy
- Ability to work as part of a team and provide support to the finance unit
- Ability to function within a cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities
- Possess skills in overseeing financial management, including the development and monitoring of budgets and financial reports
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of software and the Internet
- In-depth knowledge of the cultural sector and creative industries in Rwanda and experience in cultural project management would be an asset
Method of Application
Send your CVs and a cover letter to [email protected]
For more information you can contact us at +250790361668
Deadline: October 10, 2022