One Acre Fund Jobs in Rwanda : Rwanda Safety and Security Specialist
Welcome to JobWebRwanda. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Rwanda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: One Acre Fund
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Rwanda
We are looking for an experienced safety, and security professional to play a key role in the Rwanda Corporate Operations Department. We believe that our team is our greatest and most valuable asset. We also understand that our locations of work can at times pose heightened risks. Given this, we prioritize investing in the safety, security and well-being of our team, and so see this as role as absolutely critical to the success of the organisation.
The Safety and Security Specialist will be a key deputy to the Global Health, Safety and Security (HSS) Manager, and will work closely with the Global HSS team to develop and implement the Rwanda HSS strategy and vision. S/he will collaboratively deliver this strategy through simple, effective and scalable systems to proactively mitigate risk and improve our preparedness to keep our staff safe and healthy. S/he will also be responsible for contributing to the response to any situations that do arise, such as staff injury in the field or liaising with local authorities in the aftermath of security incidents
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Further develop relationships with local security stakeholders and independently expand network of information sources to update the security information gathering tracker;
- Hold regular (weekly) check-ins with Global Health, Safety and Security to discuss findings and determine necessary security communications strategy;
- Work with Global Health Safety and Security to develop monthly security updates to country leadership;
- Develop an understanding of the threshold for sending out ad-hoc security alerts to country staff, and able to draft and send updates with moderate Global Health Safety and Security involvement;
- Ensure the implementation of safety and security minimum standards compliance at all office/residence locations;
- Complete security assessment checklists and develop recommended risk mitigation measures with some guidance from Global Health Safety and Security;
- Act as primary respondent to security incidents involving staff during office hours, and escalating incident response management to leadership when necessary
- Provide security-related on-boarding
- Stakeholder engagement with internal and external points of contact to drive forward priority initiatives
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2-3 years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience, e.g. starting a field program in a developing country, leading a conference, starting a business, solid Volunteer Service Organization accomplishments (VSO, Peace Corps, JICA, etc).
- Experience implementing security management strategies for organizations of similar size/scope to One Acre Fund
- Experience in a role that require action as a first respondent to security/medical incidents
- Experience working closely with local authorities.
- Strong educational background – a bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Experience managing projects throughout a project lifecycle
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Language: Kinyarwanda & English fluency required. Proficiency in French and Luganda also preferred. English required in all locations.
- 2-3 years work experience
Preferred Start Date
As Soon As Possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda. Only Rwandan nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.