Lecturer, Master Of Science at University of Global Health Equity (UGHE)
- Company: University of Global Health Equity (UGHE)
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Butaro
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education Development Trust Jobs in Rwanda
Position Title: Lecturer, Master of Science in Global Health Delivery (MGHD), Option in Global Surgery
Reports to: Chair, Center for Equity in Global Surgery
Program: MGHD in Global Surgery
Location: University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) in Butaro, Rwanda
UGHE seeks to recruit a lecturer, an educator, who can use a creative approach coupled with the energy and dedication to:
- Support the delivery and student assessment of the MGHD option in global surgery program,
- Coordinate and assist and teach of all modules and related courses
- Serve as a teaching faculty (development of content, delivery and student assessment) in modules of the MGHD program generally and the option in global surgery
- Coordinate the several student facing activities of the global surgery option of the MGHD program.
The faculty is expected to work full-time at the UGHE campus, located in Burera district, Butaro, Northern Rwanda.
- Coordinate and support the teaching of MGHD in global surgery modules.
- Serve as a teaching faculty in the aforementioned modules to promote student mastery in the topics.
- Coordinate the teaching session and student assessment of the modules
- Coordinate student visits
- Coordinate student practicum and research programs
- Coordinate virtual in in-person delivery of teaching with various visiting and adjunct faculty
- Contribute to the evaluation of students in a timely and comprehensive manner, consistent with UGHE monitoring and evaluation protocol and course assessment criteria.
- Utilize dynamic and outcome-driven teaching practices (including team-based and problem-based learning approaches) to develop students’ critical thinking abilities and technical expertise.
- Work closely with other faculty to oversee the ongoing design, instruction, coordination, and evaluation of the course.
- Respond promptly to student and administrative requests.
- Support students outside of the classroom via in person and online modalities.
Supervising and mentoring (20%)
- Mentor students, undertaking research initiatives related to the course as well as the Practicum, providing guidance on students’ choice of study design and analytical approach.
- Mentor and guide students through the academic year for ongoing professional growth.
Provide Strategic Leadership (10%)
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the MGHD in global surgery program, and the integration of the MGHD into UGHE’s future degree offerings.
- Assist in cultivating a strong body of teaching faculty.
- Contribute to the development of new delivery models and modalities for the modules.
- Participate in different academic and non-academic committees at UGHE.
- Be willing to take on academic and non-academic committee responsibilities and ad-hoc responsibilities as assigned by the UGHE leadership.
- Contribute to the continuous monitoring, evaluation, and quality improvement for all aspects of the modules, in partnership with the MGHD team.
- Provide input into the strategy and direction for Global Health Education at UGHE.
Conduct and Accompany Research (10%)
- Undertake research leading to peer-reviewed publications focused on global health delivery and equity.
- Accompany and mentor students and alumni undertaking global health research linked to their UGHE training.
- A Master’s degree in public health, global health, global health delivery, leadership, policy and advocacy or other related areas
- A medical doctor (MD, MBBS or its equivalent) is highly encouraged
- Experience teaching and mentoring health science-oriented master’s level students, utilizing active learning approaches.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Experience adapting teaching strategies to accommodate learners of different backgrounds and with different levels of pre-existing content familiarity.
- Advanced training and experience in health, research, or clinical education with a focus on global settings and equity-driven initiatives
- Excitement for working in a dynamic, fast-paced, startup educational environment
- Enthusiasm to work with an academic team to develop and employ diverse pedagogical strategies.
- Experience working or teaching in Rwanda and/or other relevant contexts.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Willingness to relocate to Butaro, Rwanda.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27th April, 2023.