Lecturer In Wildlife Management x2 at Integrated Polytechnic Regional College Kitabi
- Company: Integrated Polytechnic Regional College Kitabi
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Rwanda
Teaching and Learning
1. To contribute to teaching and learning at diploma level and tailor made short Courses, through:
? Design, preparation and development of
? Module teaching materials.
? Delivery of Modules through lectures, seminars, tutorials and other supervisory and coaching methods.
? Assessing courses by setting and marking assignments and examination papers.
? Attending assessment board meetings
2. Contribute to the development and implementation of innovative methods of teaching, learning and assessment, including open and web
– based learning, as part of the College’s learner
– centered (Competence
– based Learning) approach to education.
3. Deliver and supervise students’ examinations as per the set standards
4. Liaise closely with teaching, technical and administrative staff to ensure quality teaching
5. Give advice and guidance to students to support their academic progress through the college
– actively contribute to the development of the curriculum, module, and program reviewing
Research, Scholarship and Consultancy activities
1. Supervise the internships, field studies and students’ research activities
2. Undertake any appropriate continuous Professional development trainings to enhance professional skills.
3. Pursue opportunities for academic research, publication and funded consultancy.
4. Pursue funded opportunities for research, publication and consultancy
5. Contribute to the establishment of new and maintenance of the existing collaborative links with national and international professional bodies: commercial, public, private or voluntary with similar interests.
6. Contribute in searching for scholarships for students from both national and international funding bodies
7. Assist in strengthening and developing existing cross
– institutional collaborative links
Management and Administration
1. Liaise with the head of academic and research to carry out planning and budgeting of department’s activities and programs;
2. Assist the Director of Academic Programs in overall administration and academic tasks regarding the department;
3. Manage the operation of specific Modules or where appropriate manage a specific program;
4. Contribute to the administration of the academic framework at college;
5. Attend department, program, module and college wide meetings and committees as appropriate;
6. Liaise with and assist others in the administration and management of programs;
7. Propose and assist in the recruitment of lecturers and other academic staff to the college;
Perform any other relevant tasks as required from time to time by the college management.
• Master’s degree in wildlife Management, Biodiversity Conservation, Zoology, Botany, Natural Resources Management and environmental studies or other related fields.
• At least 2 years’ experience in teaching courses related to biodiversity conservation/ natural resources and exposure in field studies & research activities.