IT System Administrator at University of Global Health Equity (UGHE)
- Company: University of Global Health Equity (UGHE)
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Butaro
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Rwanda
Job Location: Mainly Butaro Campus located in Burera District & Kigali Headquarters Office
Job title: IT System Administrator
Reports to : IT Specialist
Type of Position: Full time
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is an independent, accredited university that is training the next generation of global health professionals and thinkers to be leaders and change makers so that equitable, quality health services are accessible and delivered to all.
We believe that building bridges across sectors is necessary to sustainably transform health education and delivery globally and eliminate the gap between the most and least disadvantaged.
The IT System Administrator will mainly be responsible for organizing, installing and supporting UGHE computer systems, doing network performance, by recommending potential and future
adjustments and changes to improve the existing system access, and availability across the UGHE; reporting based on system and network activities and thus ensuring users get maximum benefits from his/her system administration expertise.
- The tasks for the system administrator will include but not limited to:
- Monitor network performance and recommend future adjustments and changes to improve the connectivity across the Campus and create reporting based on network activities,
- Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, resources and systems and identify any possible intrusions,
- Provide, install, troubleshoot and support wired and wireless network access devices, and other structured cabling systems for inside Campus services
- Maintain network documentation and databases for network access devices, Voice, digital signage, and security cameras systems
- Communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users, peers and customers
- Prepare and maintain system documentation of any service interruptions facts for future reference and standards of work
- Train, educate, guide and support IT Helpdesk Assistants as they troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, connectivity, and printer issues reported to the end users,
- Work with management to assign best resources to projects and continually evaluate workloads to meet internal and external deadlines
- Provide oversight and follow-up on outstanding helpdesk requests to ensure timely resolution. Maintain compliance with internal and external Service Level Agreements,
- Apply patches, configure security, and handle change control in accordance with best practices,
- Implement and manage Radius based authentication, • Manage and maintain Voice over IP system utilized throughout the campus,
- Provide network connectivity support for AV systems throughout the campus, • Monitor and engage with ISPs on Internet bandwidth utilization,
- Implement new installations and movement of remote locations throughout Butaro Campus, this includes installation of network access devices, digital signage and security camera systems,
- Implement IT strategies and procedures that seek to guide the IT Support Service delivery model,
- Provide advice and guidance on the application and operation of elementary physical, procedural and technical security controls,
- Contribute to team effort by support implementation of the Campus IT strategy and ensuring that Campus data protection and network access policy are adhered to,
- Promote continuity of service delivery by keeping the team informed of any potential problems and provide possible solutions,
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Repair and recover from system failures.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software
- Perform periodic systems performance reporting.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, software upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Performs and complete any other special projects as requested by supervisor.
Qualification and experience:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 5th June, 2022.