Internship Technical Support at GGGI Rwanda
Welcome to JobWebRwanda. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Rwanda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: GGGI Rwanda
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Rwanda
GGGI Rwanda is looking for an intern with the capacity to understand the concepts and applications of green growth in the context of green cities, sustainable infrastructure development, and green investment projects Development. The selected candidate will work with the Rwanda team to carry out day-to-day activities under the guidance of the Rwanda Program Country Representative.
The Rwanda Country program runs one of the largest country programs in GGGI and will need an intern to support the team in:
- Research and reporting of development on green urbanization especially in the context of Rwanda’s secondary cities development;
- Support the program team in all work streams for 2019 ongoing work, including providing analytical support to team specialists and project managers; and
- Review material and provide constructive input to important deliverables with a strong eye for quality control and consistency.
The intern will report to the relevant project managers and work closely with the entire Rwanda team to deliver on the expected results.
- Support the team in analyzing and reporting green growth activities in relation to GGGI Rwanda’s three main projects;
- Support team managers in the development of projects ideation
- Carry out analysis on potential green financing requirements to make project proposals ready for funding;
- Join the team in their occasional field work to identify the needs and to give technical support to the District technicians;
- Carry out any other activities as may be directed by the supervisor and or team managers.
Things to keep in mind for interns
- Duration: The internship program lasts for at least three months and can be as long as six months. Once selected, interns must begin your internship either prior to or within 12 months of graduation.
- Cost: GGGI interns are paid USD$500 per month. All costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation, and living expenses must be borne by either the interns or their sponsoring institutions.
- Visa: GGGI will provide a supporting letter for visa. Interns will be responsible for obtaining and financing the necessary visas.
- Travel: Intern will arrange and finance their travel to the internship location.
- Medical insurance: Interns must present proof of valid medical insurance to GGGI.
- Confidentiality: Interns must be discreet and keep confidential any and all unpublished information obtained during the course of the internship and may not publish any documents based on such information.
- Academic Credit: Interns may get academic credit from their institution of higher education for the internship. Interns need to check with their university to confirm their academic credit policy for internships.
- A bachelor’s degree level candidate is a minimum requirement for service offering to the level the program operates at.
- Fluency in English essential.
- Subject line: “Visiting Internship for GGGI Rwanda Program”
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- GGGI evaluates applications based on: eligibility requirements, relevance of academic study and work experience (if any); and the level of interest and motivation to contribute to development work.
- Due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.