Initiative Pour la Promotion de la Famille et du Genre (IPFG) Jobs in Rwanda : Agronomist
Welcome to JobWebRwanda. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Rwanda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Initiative Pour la Promotion de la Famille et du Genre (IPFG)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Rwanda
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR RECRUITING AGRONOMIST
- IPFG background
IPFG is a Local Organization created in 1998 with the aim of improving the socio-economic conditions for women by supporting agricultural, small business and livestock activities in Nyamagabe and Nyaruguru Districts. From this period up to now, the Organization is trying to assist small farmers especially women in combating poverty notably with farming and breeding. All of its members are anxious about the welfare and the complete development of the family based on the gender equality and the participation of the man and the woman in all programs which aim to reinforce fairness and democracy.
Actually, IPFG is implementing the project titled “Improving resilient livelihood for the rural population especially women living in Nyamagabe District, Cyanika Sector”, financed by Trócaire. The project presents the following outcomes:
- Poor farmers, particularly women implement practices to mitigate the impacts of CC on agricultural production
- Poor farmers, particularly women, have initiated new income generating activities
- Communities are taking action to proactively address the impacts of climate change on their communities
- Local Authorities are taking actions to support communities in managing and protecting natural resources
It is in this regards, IPFG wishes to recruit an agronomist to provide the technical expertise in line with projects implemented by IPFG.
- Role of the agronomist
The agronomist will provide technical support to the community with the following role:
ü Plan all activities related to the supervision of beneficiary households supported by IPFG in the intervention area; Support recipient producers in the preparation of agricultural seasons;ü Collect all data relating to the operation of the beneficiary households; saving and loan groups and their technical needs;ü Plan, organize and execute the distribution of agricultural inputs to the program participants (beneficiaries);ü Accompaniment of the targeted beneficiaries in improving their soil fertility management and natural resources protection in general;ü Support beneficiaries in proper management of rainwater harvested for agricultural production and practicing actions for climate change resilience; ü Organize and deliver on-the-job training for the producers;ü Support beneficiary saving and loan groups in improving their technical and financial management;ü Accompaniment of the beneficiaries in installation and use of energy efficient cooking stoves;ü Propose tools for monitoring and evaluation of field activities at household and community level
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and annual reports of field activities for the project to track the level of achievements against expected results. Supporting the community members to monitor and evaluate the overall progress and impact of the project activities, and in reporting progress to communities, to IPFG and to Trócaire
- Assist IPFG in comparing different technological solutions for different situations and in collecting technical recommendations for wider use
- Assist IPFG in gathering lessons learned and presenting them in written, audio and/or visual media for wider use for educational and/or information purposes
- Duration of the contract?
The contract will last 6months from June to December 2019 based on the funding agreement but should be renewed when the project continues.
- Starting date
The candidate is expected to start immediately by June 2019
- Where the staff will be based?
Considering that the project activities are to be implemented in Nyamagabe district, Cyanika Sector, the staff will be based in Nyamagabe District at IPFG’s office and conduct travels on the field as required.
- Essential qualification
- The candidate will hold a university diploma (A1) in Agriculture,
- The candidate must have at least 3 years’ proven experience in the above-mentioned domain.
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda and a good working knowledge of English and French is required.
- Holding a driving license (Category A).
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their curriculum vitae (CV), with the names and contact details of 3 referees, together with a cover letter explaining why they are interested in the post.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to [email protected] or by submitting hard copies to IPFG’s office, in Gasaka sector, Nyamagabe District in opposite to BPR-Nyamagabe branch.
Closing date for the application is 28th May 2019 at 05h00 p.m.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Done at Nyamagabe on the 14th May 2019
President of Board of Directors and Legal Representative