GIZ Rwanda Jobs in Rwanda : Investment Planning and Monitoring Advisor
Welcome to JobWebRwanda. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Rwanda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: GIZ Rwanda
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
Vacancy for Investment Planning and Monitoring Advisor for Macroeconomic and Investment Policy Program (MIP)
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development.
To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion and Energy.
The GIZ program “Macroeconomic and Investment Policies” (MIP) has been commissioned by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) from April 2018 until March 2021 in the area of Sustainable Economic Development.
The goal of Rwanda is to accelerate the country’s progress to upper-middle-income status by 2035 and to high-income status by 2050 thereby eradicating poverty and improving the quality of life for all Rwandans.
To achieve the aforementioned goals as well as to plan and implement the right interventions and projects that will deliver on National Strategy for Transformation (NST1) objectives, there is need for increased capacities within the department in charge of National Development Planning and Research.
GIZ Rwanda is searching candidate for the position of Investment Planning and Monitoring Advisor for the Macroeconomic and Investment Policy Program (MIP).
The Investment Planning and Monitoring Advisor for the Macroeconomic and Investment Policy Program is GIZ staff under the supervision of the GIZ Macroeconomic Program Manager and she/ he will be based at the Ministry of Economic Planning and Finance (MINECOFIN) in the Department of National Development Planning and Research.
The Investment Planning and Monitoring Advisor is responsible for:
- Working with the National Investment & Project Quality Assurance Unit and the National Programs and Projects Monitoring Division on the implementation of daily operational aspects, identifying key priority areas for capacity building related to infrastructure investments;
- Supporting financial and economic assessment of public investments;
- Identifying issues and bottlenecks on strategic infrastructure projects through coordinating with NDPR (Department of National Development Planning and Research) staff and analyzing information from budget and other departments;
- Showing inter-linkages between economic policies/strategies and different programs of the Government of Rwanda relating to infrastructure;
- Supporting the heads of units/divisions of NDPR (Department of National Development Planning and Research) in the coordination of activities relating to the area of expertise.
- Supporting the implementation of the operational plan of the MIP (Macroeconomic and Investment Policies program) regarding the area of investment planning and monitoring.
1. Management and Operational tasks
- Working and coordinating with the heads of units/divisions of NDPR and advising on approaches and methods in the area of investment planning and monitoring
- Supporting the development of a capacity building plan to ensure that adequate capacity of NDPR staff and respective procedures are built;
- Supporting financial and economic appraisal as well as prioritization of public investments in the context of limited resources;
- Supporting the development of the National Monitoring and Evaluation Guidelines, including reviewing and developing tools for monitoring of and reporting on projects and programmes;
- Providing recommendations on priority projects to be funded in the medium-term expenditure framework and proposes modes of financing to be pursued for projects to be funded
- Coordination and networking
- Working closely with all staff of NDPR, support will be based on a quarterly work plan agreed with NDPR; reporting and receiving joint feedback
- Maintaining a good flow of communication and information between NDPR and GIZ.
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least five (5)/Master’s Degree with at least three (3) in Finance, Business Management and/or related field years of relevant work experience in an investment planning function, preferably in the agriculture, energy or water sector
- Experience in the field of skills development and research, as well as knowledge of economics, development planning concepts and project management, are an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates and references) until latest 30th May 2019 at 4:00 PM, by e-mail to [email protected]
The email attachment (max. size 2 MB) should be a PDF file. Please quote the job title in the subject
Women and people with disability are especially encouraged to submit applications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
GIZ Office Rwanda
KN 41 St. / Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali,
GIZ office Rwanda reserves all rights!!