GIZ Rwanda Jobs in Rwanda : Advisor of the DeveloPPP for jobs program in Rwanda
Welcome to JobWebRwanda. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Rwanda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: GIZ Rwanda
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type:
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Rwanda
Advisor of the DeveloPPP for jobs program in RwandaThe Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion and Energy.
The “develoPPP for jobs” program is a global program funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development. The program enters into Development Partnership Projects (DPP) with partners from the private sector with the objective of supporting training and employment in Rwanda.
Partners can be Rwandan, African or European companies. The program collaborates with the bilateral program “Partnership for Employment and Support for Small and Medium Enterprises in Rwanda” and relies on proven approaches to promoting employment in developing countries. The position is financed by the “develoPPP for jobs” program and is attached to the “Partnership for Employment and Support for Small and Medium Enterprises in Rwanda” programme.
GIZ Rwanda is searching candidate for the position of Advisor of the DeveloPPP for jobs program in Rwanda. The Advisor of the DeveloPPP for jobs program will be based in Kigali.
Duration: until 31 December 2022
The Advisor of the DeveloPPP for jobs program will be responsible for:
- Coordinating of all activities of the “develoPPP for jobs” programme in Rwanda;
- Preparating and implementating of development partnership projects (DPP) within the framework of “develoPPP for jobs”;
- Advice on the preparation and implementation of integrated development partnerships with the Private Sector (iDPP) under the “Partnership for Employment and Support for Medium-sized Enterprises in Rwanda” programme;
- Implementating the activities in accordance with best practice in the professional field and in development cooperations.
- Ensuring that its activities are closely integrated and coordinating with other projects in the “Training and Employment” initiative
- Provision of contributions in the case of political and economic delegations
The Advisor performs the following tasks:
1. Communication and networking
- Liaising and cooperating with the “Partnership for Employment and Support for Medium-sized Enterprises in Rwanda” programme and other GIZ programmes in Rwanda related to private sector cooperation (such as Global Business Network and Eco-Emploi);
- Establishing and maintaining contacts with companies in Rwanda that are interested in cooperating with the GIZ in DPPs;
- Establishing and maintaining contacts with all other relevant stakeholders;
- Representing the programme at a national level and acting as its speaker;
- Ensuring close communication with the project manager of the “develoPPP for jobs” programme in Germany;
- Collecting and disseminating relevant information, disseminating programme experiences and developing a database on DPPs.
2. Preparation of Development Partnership Projects
- Facilitating the process of investigating the needs of the private sector;
- Participating in the formulation of DPP action plans and facilitates synchronization between the planning and budgeting system;
- Updating and coordinating planning on an ongoing basis with its counterparts;
- Responsible for the preparation, execution, and documentation of DPPs in collaboration with the project manager of the “develoPPP for jobs” programme in Germany;
- Advising in the preparation and implementation of integrated development partnership with the Private Sector (iDPP) under the “Partnership for Employment and Support for Medium Enterprises in Rwanda” programme
3. Implementation of DPPs and coordination
- Coordinating, supervising and contributing to the implementation of DPP activities;
- Monitoring and evaluating the achievement of related program indicators;
- Coordinating reporting on the progress of DPPs;
- Ensuring communication and public relations;
- Assisting internal staff and assigning national and international consultants.
C. Required qualifications
Qualifications and Professional experience
- Master’s degree in Economics, Business Development, Education, Project management or related fields
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a similar position, e. g. as an advisor or in project management
- Experience in development cooperation with the private sector
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Competence to work independently
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates, and references) until 24th July 2019 at 4:00 PM, by e-mail to [email protected]
The email attachment (max. size 2 MB) should be a PDF file. Please quote the job title in the subject.
Women and people with disability are especially encouraged to submit applications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
41, KN St 17
P.O Box 59
GIZ Office Rwanda reserves all rights!!