Fund Accountant at Liaison Rwanda Ltd
- Company: Liaison Rwanda Ltd
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Rwanda
Description: Fund Accountant, Liaison Financial Services Rwanda
Reference No. 0001/fundaccountant/2023.
Position Overview: As a Pension Fund Accountant in Rwanda, you will play a crucial role in ensuring accurate financial management and reporting for pension funds. You will be responsible for maintaining financial records, preparing financial statements, reconciling accounts, and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and standards. Your role will contribute to the financial stability and security of pension fund members’ retirement savings.
- Financial Record Keeping:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of financial transactions related to the pension fund.
- Record contributions from employers and employees, investment income, and other financial activities.
- Financial Reporting:
- Prepare regular financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Generate reports that provide insights into the financial health of the pension fund for management and regulatory purposes.
- Reconcile bank statements and investment transactions with pension fund records to ensure accuracy and identify discrepancies.
- Resolve any discrepancies through appropriate communication with relevant parties.
- Compliance and Regulation:
- Stay updated with relevant pension laws, regulations, and accounting standards in Rwanda.
- Ensure all financial activities are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Internal Controls:
- Implement and maintain internal controls to safeguard the pension fund’s assets and prevent fraud or errors.
- Regularly review processes and procedures to identify areas for improvement in efficiency and accuracy.
- Collaborate with auditors during annual audits to provide necessary financial documentation and explanations.
- Address any audit findings or recommendations in a timely manner.
- Member Communications:
- Assist in preparing communications for pension fund members regarding their contributions, benefits, and fund performance.
- Respond to member inquiries regarding their accounts and financial transactions.
- Investment Tracking:
- Monitor and record investment activities, including buying, selling, and valuation of pension fund assets.
- Calculate investment income and gains/losses.
- Data Integrity:
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of pension fund data by performing regular data validation and reconciliation.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as human resources and legal, to ensure accurate employee contribution deductions and compliance with employment contracts.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g., ACCA, CPA) is preferred.
- Knowledge of Rwandan pension laws, regulations, and accounting standards.
- Experience in accounting, financial reporting, or auditing for a maximum period of 5 years.
- Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the responsibilities and qualifications for a Pension Fund Accountant in Rwanda. Actual job responsibilities may vary based on the specific requirements of the employer and any changes in relevant regulations or standards.