Fonerwa Jobs in Rwanda : Financial Management Specialist
Welcome to JobWebRwanda. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Rwanda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Fonerwa
- Location: Zambia
- State: Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Rwanda
Background and context
The Government of Rwanda (GoR) has prioritized green economy to guide national development through economic transformation that is environmentally sustainable and climate resilient. This is reflected in the Economic Development and Poverty Reduction Strategy II (EDPRS II) which considers green economy among priority areas and identifies environment and climate change as a cross cutting issue to be mainstreamed across socio-economic sectors. At the highest policy level, the Cabinet approved the Green Growth and Climate Resilience Strategy (GGCRS) in 2011 to guide and drive the performance of all sectors of the Rwandan economy towards climate resilient and low Carbon development pathway. The National Fund for environment (FONERWA) was identified as the sustainable financing facility to ensure successful implementation of the GGCRS. As a result, the GoR has established and is committed to operationalize FONERWA. The Fund is supervised by the Ministry of Environment (ME)
FONERWA’s mission is twofold:
• To mobilize and manage resources for achieving environmental sustainability, climate resilience and green growth in order to promote Rwanda’s short, medium and long term sustainable development goals.
• To fund projects and programmes by public and private sector organizations that produce results contributing to these objectives
The fund has been operational since 2012 and has to-date successfully processed applications and supported the implementation of high quality project proposals that have met the rigorous and competitive criteria for funding.
FONERWA wishes to recruit competent personnel to fill the vacant posts in FONERWA Organizational structure. Below find the job positions and required qualifications and experience. Detailed Job descriptions and attributions is accessible on FONERWA website: www.fonerwa.org (see careers). .
• Bachelor’s degree in management, finance, accounting with Professional qualifications in accounting such as ACCA, CPA, etc… from a recognized professional accounting body.
• At least 5 years working experience in financial management and control fields for Bachelor’s degree holders, or 3 years working experience in the aforementioned fields for Master’s degree holders or accounting professional certificate (ACCA or CPA).
• Ability to demonstrate auditing skills (internal or external auditing) with at least 3 years’ experience as an auditor.
• Give orientation and Advise on key issues related to environmental and social impact assessment and on sustainability risks in the design, preparation, implementation.
• Guide, supervise, monitor and coordinate the designing of financial mechanisms such as revolving funds, bonds or other instruments in order to improve readiness to facilitate access to additional climate finance options
• Oversees the preparation of effective project funding proposals and mobilizing finance from different financial mechanisms and instruments.
• Masters or equivalent in Environmental Economics, Environmental Management, Environmental Sciences or related fields.
• At least 3 to 5 years of working experience in Financing Project, project design, planning, monitoring and evaluation, resource management and mobilization,
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified