Finance Coordinator at Rwanda Institute For Conservation Agriculture (Rica)
- Company: Rwanda Institute For Conservation Agriculture (Rica)
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Rubengera Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Rwanda - Agricultural Jobs in Rwanda
In an experiential learning environment, students will develop the knowledge and experience necessary for a wide range of careers in agriculture. Students at RICA will gain experience in the six Enterprises that include, Dairy, Poultry and Swine, Row and Forage Crops, Vegetable and Fruit Crops, Irrigation and Mechanization, and Agroprocessing. All RICA graduates will be innovative problem solvers able to operate farms and ranches, start agribusinesses, assume management roles in cooperatives, NGOs, and other agricultural enterprises, serve their communities as extension agents and technical and policy experts, or take on positions of agricultural leadership in Rwanda.The Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA) is a unique and innovative English language institution dedicated to preparing the next generation of agricultural leaders of Rwanda and East Africa. Students at RICA will engage in curricular and co-curricular learning opportunities emphasizing practical hands-on skills, Conservation Agriculture and One Health principles, oral and written communication, leadership, and entrepreneurship.
We are seeking a Finance Coordinator to support the Deputy Vice Chancellor of Operations and Finance Department with the financial management of the organization. They will be responsible for managing the operational and financial administration with the support of the Finance Manager and ensuring all departments strictly follow RICA’s financial controls. The position is full-time for a period of one year renewable.
- Manage the Finance function.
- Work with the Deputy Vice Chancellor of Operations and Finance on the financial planning, monitoring, reporting and the development of policies, systems and processes across the organization.
- Work with the Deputy Vice Chancellor of Operations and Finance to produce the annual budget for approval by the Vice Chancellor and the ExCom.
- Ensure strict compliance to financial policies and procedures,
- Train and support relevant staff in appropriate financial policies and procedures;
- Improve and progress financial processes, controls to progress the overall financial reporting environment.
- Reporting and accounting to meet legal requirements including taxation, annual report and accounts and liaising with auditor and managing the audit process.
- Maintaining the organization’s accounting platform, including maintaining the sales and purchase ledgers, entering cash transactions, entering month end and year end journals, maintaining customer and supplier records, maintaining all necessary reconciliations and ensuring that unusual items and variances are investigated.
- Preparing accurate and timely financial information and monitoring of monthly results and reports, including comparison against budget and prior months, to provide accurate information on financial performance for the DVC-OF and the Vice-Chancellors to enable effective strategic decision making.
- Working with the bookkeeper to complete the reconciliation of the organization’s bank accounts
- Ensuring appropriate authorization, timing and dispatch of payments (electronic and cheque).
- Filing of all accounting documentation to create audit trail.
- Able to work under minimal supervision, make decisions, and have good judgment.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and projects and prioritize based on departmental functionality.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to organize.
- Able to work in a complex, heavy volume and high-pressure environment.
- A team-player of unimpeachable character.
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications;
- Familiar with accounting software, Quickbooks preferred.
- At least five (5) years relevant work experience in Finance, Accounting or other related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in accounting or related field.
- Excellent English and Kinyarwanda comprehension and communication skills, both written and verbal; addition of French would be an advantage.
- Proficient with Accounting applications and the Microsoft Office 365 environment as a whole preferred
- Professional certification preferred.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 14th February , 2022.