AFRIPRECAST Ltd is Rwanda’s first Precast Concrete Manufacturing Factory. A professional company that brings uniqueness and diversity in architectural and structural building solutions, providing clients with the best quality products. Afriprecast Ltd was established to support real estate and construction sectors in Rwanda, by manufacturing quality concrete products used in the construction industry. Precast technology provides solutions to challenges in construction industry such as reducing the time taken to deliver projects, improving on efficiency and reducing overall construction costs through quality products.
JOB DESCRIPTION &PROFILE FOR ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Job Title: Electrical Design Engineer
Department: Design Department
Location: Head Office, City of Kigali/ Kicukiro- Masaka
Reporting To: Design Manager
Job Grade: H4
1. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
The Electrical Design Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Utilize computer software programs to generate electrical designs and design drawings for projects
- Responsible for all stages of the electrical design phase including but not limited to concept, schematic, detailed designs, and construction drawings and as-built drawings.
- Prepare Electrical layout designs and load calculations all in line with relevant and applicable standards.
- Carrying out feasibility studies for (electrical scopes) for new technical developments
- Making follow-up on prepared and submitted MEP designs for approval to the consultant.
- Involved in iterative design process with other relevant building disciplines including but not limited to Architecture, Structure, Mechanical & Plumbing
- Coordinate with Draft men by ensuring MEP elements are well coordinated and implemented in precast shop drawings.
- Check and review precast shop drawings for MEP items in precast elements are as per MEP designs and giving go ahead to Document controller for release of drawings to Production
- Coordinates with site MEP team by providing required details and clarifications on issued drawings, released panels to site and giving solutions to some problems.
- Responsible for troubleshooting Electrical issues that may arise and proffering best solutions to such
- Coordinates with Quantity surveyor department during Quotation for MEP Designs
- Prepare detailed specifications for Electrical design elements
- Prepare Material approval request (MAR) related to MEP designs for submission for approval to the consultant.
- Coordinate with Procurement department on required information on MEP items during RFQ/RFI from material suppliers and during tender stages.
- Coordinate with Production MEP team to provide clarification on requested items as well troubleshoot issues that may arise relating MEP and proffer best solution.
- Carry out periodic inspection to project sites to ensure site implementation is being carried out as per design intent
- May be required to liaise with Consultants and Clients
- May be periodically required to be part of inspection and maintenance programs, testing and commissioning.
- Perform others duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Design Manager
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCES
- Minimum Education qualification of bachelor’s degree in the Electrical Engineering, Electrical Design or related mentioned field is mandatory.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar role
- Professional certification and Registration with Professional body is required
- Previous experience working with a design consultant or design company is mandatory
- Previous experience working with a Precast company is highly desirable
- AutoCAD knowledge is essential & Mandatory,
- Revit MEP or ArchiCAD will be considered as an added advantage,
- Electrical design softwares are essential
- Knowledge of applicable standards and codes are essential
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel is essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including delivering presentations.
- Analytical thinking and Problem-Solving Skills
- Organizational Skills, ability to set priorities and meet challenging deadlines
- Fluent in written and spoken English is mandatory while working knowledge of French and Kinyarwanda are a plus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their cover letter, and updated CV all along in one PDF Document- via email only to: [email protected] with the Position applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is 7th, June, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Rwanda. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE