Country Lead Program Communications at Mastercard Foundation
- Company: Mastercard Foundation
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: International Jobs in Rwanda
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you are a communication specialist ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
As the Lead of Program Communications, you will work as an integral part of the country team giving support to the Country Head and her/his team. Collaboration with our partners’ communications point persons in order to ensure alignment in all related communications, agency and brand management is an integral part of the role. This position will have technical oversight from the Head of Program Communications.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Work with the country program team to develop and strengthen innovative communications models and channels, including the use of both traditional and new, emerging methods, in order to engage in more impactful ways with and within a range of constituencies.
- Develop country program communications portfolio and ensure effective implementation in support of program objectives. This includes effective deployment of social media and other digital tools to reach a range of audiences. Work closely with agencies and consultants.
- Contribute to reputation and brand positioning for the portfolio. Work closely with country colleagues and Head of Program Communications to frame findings and insights from country programs into information that is consumed by decision-makers in Africa. This also includes the engagement of the in country subject matter experts in relevant and high-impact forums to advance the Foundation’s Young Africa Works strategy.
- Cultivate relationships with top journalists, bloggers, and other media influential in the country. Work with youth ambassadors to elevate voices and views of young people.
- Craft messages and program communications strategies that are thoughtful and positioned to reach priority audiences including governments, private sector, other funders, and youth.
- Improve the quality of communications through the development of new skills and tools and enable adoption of innovative communications methods with the goal of improving execution.
- Develop and manage country budget for program communications portfolio.
- Align with a culture of high performance, willingness to learn, perpetual curiosity, and results orientation.
- Liaise closely with Lead, Internal Communications, People & Culture and other internal stakeholders & consultants to grow ‘Oneness’ in the Foundation.
- Develop and implement internal communication strategies, plans and materials to communicate the Mastercard Foundation’s messages, stories, strategies and issues to employees and internal stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Other duties as required by business needs.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a degree in Communications and/or a related field.
- You have at least 7 years relevant experience in communications working in advertising, news agencies, public relations, current affairs and in particular development programs.
- Have a strong network and can work easily with media.
- Have a demonstrated ability to lead successful communications campaigns with a focus on development and human stories using both mainstream and social media.
- A compelling storyteller with demonstrated ability to frame compelling content for various audiences.
- You have demonstrated experience on brand positioning and management.
- Demonstrated extensive and professional use of social media (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram among others).
- Proven and demonstrable capacity to develop a vast follower and friend base within the social media.
- Direct experience working with digital, print, radio and television journalists.
- Proven ability to edit materials and review/adapt them to fast changing situations, exercising and promoting creative thinking.
- A confident communicator with excellent interpersonal, analytical, presentation and editorial digital skills.
- Outstanding social and intercultural skills and proven ability to multitask and work to deadlines, sometimes under pressure.
- French language and/or local language skills are an asset.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 03 April, 2020