Chief Finance Officer at AB Bank Rwanda Plc
- Company: AB Bank Rwanda Plc
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Butare Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Rwanda
Job title: CFO AB Bank Rwanda
AB BANK Rwanda Plc. is looking for a qualified and competent candidate to fill the position of Chief Finance Officer (CFO). The CFO, a member of the senior management team, is responsible for assisting management in the preparation of both short term and long term plans consistent with the bank’s strategic plan, helps management develop strategies that meet the bank’s immediate and long term goals, objectives, KPIs, and most especially in achieving profitability targets. With AB Bank being a part of the AccessHolding group, the CFO shall align the finance strategy and his/ her work also with the overall business and finance strategy of AccessHolding and the management.
Access Microfinance Holding AG („AccessHolding“) was established in 2006 by a group of international shareholders from the public and private sector. Our partners include among others the European Investment Bank, the International Finance Corporation, and KfW Development Bank. The business purpose of AccessHolding is to build up and control a network of commercial banks in developing and transition countries (the “AccessGroup”) with a target group focus on micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs). The AccessGroup currently comprises ten financial institutions located in Sub-Saharan Africa, Central Asia, and the Caucasus and employs close to 5.600 staff serving more than 1.5M clients. The head office of AccessHolding, the parent company of the Group, is located in Berlin, Germany.
The CFO of AB BANK Rwanda reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer/CEO.
- Establishment and development of the Bank-wide financial management objectives, policies, procedures, and practices that ensure that the Bank’s financial management remains sound at all times
- Management and development of the accounting, tax, reporting, controlling, and treasury units
- Oversight of all aspects of the finance functions of the Bank, including procurement
- Development and maintenance of internal controls systems to safeguard financial assets of the Bank and to ensure effective and efficient operations
- Liquidity management, liquidity forecasts, and funding of the Bank
- Capital management and planning
- Financial reporting management both internally and in compliance with external bodies
- Determine with management the financial implications of business activities
- Establishment of policies and procedures for all areas of financial management and their continuous development
- Ensures that all organization activities and operations are carried out in compliance with regulatory laws and proper governing business operations
- Acts as a liaison, together with other senior managers of the bank, to key partners
- Maintain relations with external auditors, investigate their findings and recommendations as well as monitor its implementation
- As a member of the senior management, effectively manage risks; directly manages financial risks
- Responsiveness to financial challenges/issues
- Fulfils all other tasks assigned by the CEO and the Board
Necessary experience and knowledge
- Bachelor-’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration or Economics; master’s degree in any of these fields are preferred;
- Finance or Accountancy qualification (e.g. ACCA, CFA);
- 10-years of banking and finance experience;
- Minimum 5-years of senior management experience;
- Experience in partnering with an executive team;
- Experience in fund raising;
- Experience in selecting providers and negotiating contracts, procurement;
- Proven experience with an excellent track record in leading, managing, and inspiring teams of dynamic professionals;
- Outstanding leadership, interpersonal, organizational, as well as communication skills;
- Confident, dynamic, thorough, pragmatic, and visionary approach;
- Ability to achieve consistent and sound business growth;
- Ability to anticipate trends, capitalize on new opportunities as they arise, think strategically, and communicate effectively;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken);
- Willingness to travel internationally.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefit package
- Open, results-driven & dynamic work environment
- Opportunity to make a significant difference to support entrepreneurs in developing and emerging markets by providing access to responsible and fair financial services.
Method of Application
Qualified and Interested Candidates may apply at AB Bank’s recruitment email at [email protected]
Deadline 18th December 2020
Please state the POSITION in the subject of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.