Chemonics Soma Umenye LLC Jobs in Rwanda : Communications Assistant
Welcome to JobWebRwanda. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Rwanda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Chemonics Soma Umenye LLC
- Location: Kigali, Kigali City, Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
Title: Communications Assistant
Project: USAID Soma Umenye
1. PROJECT SUMMARY
USAID Soma Umenye is recruiting for a Communications’ Assistant, USAID Soma Umenye is a five-year project that aims to improve reading outcomes in Kinyarwanda for at least 1 million children in public and government-aided schools in Rwanda. Covering all 30 districts of Rwanda and working in close collaboration with the Rwanda Education Board (REB) and the Rwandan Ministry of Education (MINEDUC), USAID Soma Umenye will contribute to Rwanda’s Education Sector Strategic Plan (ESSP) and the Government of Rwanda’s national development priority of ensuring that Rwandan primary-grade students acquire the fundamental competency of literacy so that they can succeed in future schooling and, later, in the modern workplace.
2. OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Under the supervision of the Director of Communications, the Communications Assistant will work closely with the Communications Senior Manager to support communication activities to implement a robust communications strategy and media platform. The Communications Assistant is expected to be a creative designer for USAID Soma Umenye’s audio-visual products. S/he will be responsible to create design solutions that have a high visual impact for both offline and online media. S/he will develop creative ideas and concepts, choosing the appropriate media and style that effectively communicate the aims and objectives of the activity. The incumbent will also be responsible for developing digital/multimedia stories to support narrative reports and success stories. The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software, and a professional approach to time, costs, and adherence to deadlines.
Additional details on specific tasks are outlined below:
3. SPECIFIC TASKS
· Develop design themes by gathering information and data through research
· Demonstrate illustrative skills with rough sketches
· Work on layouts and artwork pages and make them ready for print
· Complete projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
· Supervise and monitor all printing jobs
· Format key documents such as reports, briefs and one-pagers
· Develop in-house publications such as success stories and testimonial booklets
· Provide photo and video coverage for program events (both in Kigali and outside Kigali)
· Film and record videos during field trips and edit them into presentable short stories for campaign activities
· Manage USAID Soma Umenye’s virtual presence on social media and web portals
· Work closely with communications and technical team to organize promotional campaigns and program events.
· Work with supervisor to develop skits, video clips, documentaries, radio programs, media messages, and posters for display in strategic locations.
· Collect information and prepare news, success stories, and case studies to profile program success.
· Coordinate with team to plan and organize Behavior Change Communication activities.
· Maintain professional contacts with key media houses.
· Support team to identify promotional opportunities for program visibility.
· Monitor SMS messaging/alert system and online social media presence, if applicable, for feedback from the public/beneficiaries.
· Support in maintaining a SharePoint for documentation of publications and photos.
· Support in writing quarterly and annual reports.
· Conduct regular field visits upcountry, as assigned by supervisor.
· Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Suitable candidates should possess the following:
· A bachelor’s degree in communication or journalism, or a related field.
· At least one year of experience in development communication with International NGOs.
· Excellent journalistic skills, including writing, photography, and video capturing skills. Samples of photography and film footage appreciated.
· Strong graphic design experience required.
· Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Applications required.
· Strong knowledge of online communications resources, including social media.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate in English and Kinyarwanda.
· Strong public relations skills.
· Familiarity with USAID Branding and Marking guidelines preferred.
LOCATION OF ASSIGNMENT
The location of the assignment is Kigali, Rwanda with travel throughout the country.
The Communications Assistant will report directly to the Director of Communications or his/her designee.