Caritas Gikongoro Jobs in Rwanda : Agro-Enterprise Officer
Welcome to JobWebRwanda. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Rwanda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Caritas Gikongoro
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Rwanda
CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF GIKONGORO
B.P 77 GIKONGORO
TEL/FAX: (250)785 650 568
E-Mail: [email protected]
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR AGRO-ENTERPRISE OFFICER
Background of the Organisation
Caritas Gikongoro is the branch of Gikongoro Catholic Diocese and has been created in 1992. It is one of the humanitarian institutions that work for the ultimate wellbeing of all people regardless of religion, colour, ethnic, tribute or something else rather than the image of God that everyone embeds. Caritas Gikongoro is and has been working geographically in the coverage of former Gikongoro province. Nowadays it covers Nyamagabe District, a big part of Nyaruguru District and the small parts of Huye, Nyanza and Karongi districts.
Caritas Gikongoro has three main departments such as Socio-charitable Department, Development Department, and the Health Department. It has been working for the successful and improved life in terms of the social, economic and ultimately spiritual dimension of life. As incorporated in Roman Catholic beliefs, the human being is not only made of the body but also the church recognizes and attaches capital importance on the dimension of spirit.
All those departments implement different projects sponsored by main donors like Trocaire, Secours Catholique /Caritas France, Catholic Relief Service (CRS), Missio Austria, Caritas Italiana, Italian Episcopal Conference, etc.
The Vision of Caritas Gikongoro is to promote human dignity and evangelical values such as love, solidarity, transparency, honesty, justice, truth and charity.
While its Mission is to assist needy people (Poor, vulnerable and oppressed) by increasing revenues, health improvement, an accomplishment of social charitable needs (Oeuvres Socio-Caritatives) and promoting the culture of peace.
BACKGROUND AND SCOPE
Agro-Enterprise Officer for DUHINGA NEZA Project under Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Grant
The Duhinga Neza program aims to increase rural farmers’ access to quality agricultural inputs in the eastern and southern provinces. In order to facilitate market linkages, the program engages broad stakeholder collaboration from partners, including small-scale farmers working in church lands, local government, the private sector, and agro-input sellers. A key theme of the program is the economic inclusion of marginalized farmers to increase access to agricultural inputs to improve productivity and value chain linkages to create a sustainable livelihood.
The head of Caritas Gikongoro Agro-Enterprise Officer will be responsible for facilitating commercial dynamism, agribusiness, entrepreneurship, agricultural techniques and inputs, seed multiplication, development of value chains, savings and credit methodology (SILC). The Support relationship building between field agents and other actors, including buyers, material/service providers, and various other private sector actors.
The Agro-Enterprise Officer will provide technical support field visits to monitor, evaluate and enhance the implementation of smallholder farmers, SILC groups and farmers working on Church land to purchase input supplier and collect data for project impact indicators in relation to agricultural input savings and application. He/she will also be responsible for relationship building between field agents and other actors, including buyers, material/service providers, and various other private sector actors.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
Duhinga Neza Project
- Bachelor’s Degree in agribusiness, agriculture, business development or other relevant fields;
- At least two years of experience in agribusiness, including value chain development and job/business development, entrepreneurship and marketing of agricultural inputs’·
- At least years of experience working with agro-dealers;·
- Two years of experience in market linkages with producers Two years of experience working with saving groups, microfinance institutions and cooperatives; ·
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic partnerships with local government and private sector partners; ·
- Demonstrated training experience and ability to successfully transfer knowledge on agriculture and agribusiness formal or informally;
- Demonstrated commitment to gender-responsive programming implementation and monitoring;
- Experience in training on seed multiplication;·
- Have a willingness and ability to work in and with farmers, agro-dealers and leaders in the community;·
- Ability to communicate effectively with local government technical staff and other local partners;·
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to work well with people and good judgment;·
- Have a desire to travel to the rural areas covered by the project;·
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint;·
- Speaking and writing English, French and Kinyarwanda is mandatory;·
- Rwandan nationality;·
- Driving license Category A.
How to Apply
- The application must be done to one post only. Applications to both posts are not allowed and will not be considered.
When applying for this position, please include the following:
- A cover letter must be addressed to Father Director of Caritas Gikongoro and presenting how you fulfill the personal specifications for the post(s);
- An up -to -date CV, citing the relevant experiences;
- The copies of Degree, Certificate of Driving Licence (category A), certificates of work experiences in the Agriculture sector;
- Names of three referees, including that of your most recent Line Manager.
Applications should be sent by email to [email protected] or delivered hardcopies to Caritas Gikongoro Office located in Nyamagabe District, Gasaka Sector (Nyamagabe city). Only qualified candidates as outlined above will be considered.
Closing date for applications: 15th July 2019 at 4 pm.
Done at Gikongoro, on 2nd July 2019
Father Joseph NAYIGIZIKI
Director of Caritas Gikongoro