Business Development & Relations Manager at American Refugee Committee (ARC)
Welcome to JobWebRwanda. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Rwanda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: American Refugee Committee (ARC)
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
Vacancy (Re –Advertised)
Business Development & Relations (BDR) Manager
ARC works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to refugees, displaced people and host communities – to better survive conflicts and crisis, and to rebuild lives of dignity, health, security and self-sufficiency. ARC presently works in and with partners in seventeen countries globally. ARC has consistently operated in Rwanda since the year 1994, and today has a strong and committed team of over eight hundred personnel who include full time staff, community mobilizers and incentive workers– implementing programs in Primary Health Care, Reproductive Health, HIV and Nutrition; also Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Shelter and general Infrastructure, Livelihoods/Economic strengthening, and Sexual and Gender Based Violence Prevention/ Protection. Our work in Rwanda currently covers all the refugee locations and their kind Rwandan-host communities. And we are always looking to expand and, jointly with our partners, offer lasting impact with and for the communities we serve!
ARC is looking for qualified, self-driven and committed individual to fill the Position of Business Development Manager–based in Kigali, Rwanda:
The Business Development & Relations (BDR) Manager, a senior role in the organization, leads ARC Business Development strategy in Rwanda, ensuring coordination with overall program development strategy. S/he leads resources mobilization, stakeholder communication and donor liaison for the country program. The position holder plays a central role in defining business development and resource mobilization strategy, identifying opportunities, building relationships, and strategically positioning and strengthening the country program’s capacity for resource mobilization; with the following key responsibilities:
- Lead the development and implementation of ARC Rwanda business development and resourcing strategy, working in close consultation and collaboration with all departments and leadership team.
- Source, gather and share intelligence on institutional donors, foundations and corporate funding priorities, strategies & trends; and potential working and resourcing opportunities.
- Lead development and timely delivery of high quality business plans, resourcing concepts, plans or proposals, working in collaboration with all relevant departments and programs staff.
- Link with similar interest and focus agencies with a mind to consortia-development, and broadening ARC Rwanda relations, networks and business advancement and eligibility.
- Develop a system with program teams to identify, document, publish and disseminate high impact human interest/success stories, case studies and positioning materials.
- Oversee the development of innovative sponsorship, adoption, twinning and such similar schemes and approaches, for resource mobilization and campaigns
- Input to drafting of external papers, reports, briefs and updates, working with programs team, to assure business sustenance and growth angle and elements in all internal and outgoing communications.
- Cultivate, nurture and maintain strategic and mutually fulfilling relationship between ARC with current and potential supporters and donors.
Required skills and experience we’re seeking
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Project Management, Development, International Relations, or a closely related field from an accredited university required
- Required: Significant and sustained experience (8-10 years) in complex global development and/or humanitarian settings; added experience with foundations, corporations or private sector a plus
- Proven pattern of success in project design, business plans, concepts and proposal development and resource mobilization required
- An outstanding ability to track donor trends that contribute to business development outcomes.
- Familiarity with multilateral donor requirements and working procedures; previous exposure with private sector, USAID, UN, DFID, EU, ECHO and Private Donors / Foundations’ support and project implementation required.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, insightfully and persuasively in English, and meet regularly tight deadlines.
- A strong network of diverse donor contacts and relationships preferred.
Key behaviors and abilities
- Solution, service and support oriented attitude and work ethic; and a willingness to guide colleagues and charges towards exploring options and solutions, while assuring fidelity to expected policies and compliance.
- A team player, with ability to work in a high paced, demanding environment.
- Willingness to travel and stay for extended periods in remote country work sites to support workflows.
How to Apply
Interested and qualifying candidates should submit applications – to include 1 page Cover Letter, an updated CV (max. 3 pages), and three names (plus titles & contacts) of relevant professional referees - to the following email address only: [email protected]; with the position applied for CLEARLY indicated in the subject line.
Only applications received through the above indicated dedicated email address will be considered. The deadline for submission of applications is September 20, 2019 at 12:00hrs. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
American Refugee Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. American Refugee Committee complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.