Agronomist at L’Union des Coopératives Agricoles Intégrées (UNICOOPAGI )
Welcome to JobWebRwanda. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Rwanda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Agronomist
- Location: Zambia
- State: Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Rwanda
TERM OF REFERENCE FOR RECRUITMENT
Number of staff needed: 1
Source of Fund: TROCAIRE/IRISH AID
Deadline: 23 August 2019 12:00 am
BACKGROUND OF THE ORGANIZATION
UNICOOPAGI (Union des Coopératives Agricoles Intégrées) registration number RCA/0168/2019 issued on 21st February 2019; UNICOOPAGI is a Union of Agricultural Cooperatives headquartered at Nyamugali Cell, Gasaka Sector, Nyamagabe District, in Southern Province. UNICOOPAGI was created to foster Community Development by empowering people to build a better and sustainable development.
The Union is composed of 34 Cooperatives operating in Nyamagabe, Nyaruguru and Huye Districts in the Southern Province.
In Partnership with TROCAIRE, UNICOOPAGI implements a Project entitled “Resilient Food Security through Climate Change Adaptation and mitigation practices” in Nyaruguru District, Ruramba Sector, where the targeted staff will be affected.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR AN AGRONOMIST:
Project activities implementation
- Responsible for the quality and timely implementation of the project activities,
- Organize field activities with partners;
- Ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with UNICOOPAGI/Trōcaire internal policy and guidelines as well as grant contract as assigned.
- Plan, implement and monitor activities under the project in line with the established work plan, targets, and available budget;
- Act as a focal person for the project with partners on the field;
- Provide guidance and capacity building to the Participants;
Grant management and target group Capacity Building
- Train Participants
- Work closely with UNICOOPAGI Coordinator, Trōcaire PO’s and Trōcaire M&E to identify areas of capacity building for Participants and provide trainings to address needs;
- Engage in any other staff capacity building activities as requested by the management of the organization.
Reporting and Communication:
- Provision of timely and quality reports;
- Ensure marking and branding plan strategy is respected and applied as appropriate;
- Provide regular updates for success stories and any other communication as requested by the UNICOOPAGI Coordinator and/or Trōcaire Team member.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Provide support to the M&E officer in relation to M&E activities under the project such as surveys and evaluations;
- Lead in the development of best practices, lessons learned and case studies;
- Engage in any other M&E activities as requested by the UNICOOPAGI Coordinator and/or Trōcaire Team member.
- Do a regular Monitoring of project’s activities and evaluate Project impact on the livelihood of household’s beneficiaries.
Stakeholder engagement and Representation:
- Participate in several coordination meetings at UNICOOPAGI
- Guide visitors to project sites and carry out promotional or media work as required.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Be a Rwandan of Nationality
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy (Crop Protection, Agri-Business and/or Soil management) with experience of 3 years, a degree in Rural Development, Social Work (Welfare and social development) with a background of Agronomy with a similar experience of 5years minimum.
- Experience in working with poor/vulnerable people in rural areas;
- Experience in working with Local Authorities;
- Experience in working with small Scale Farmers;
- Hold a Driving License of motorbike (Cat. A) ;
- Should have spoken and written English and Kinyarwanda; French is an added.
Skills and competence:
- Be creative and decision-maker;
- Teamwork Spirit;
- Knowledge of community mobilization and sensitization;
- Knowledge of poverty reduction strategies;
- Knowledge of Climate change issues and environment Policy.
Application documents required:
- A motivation letter addressed to UNICOOPAGI Chairperson explaining your motivation for the post;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Copy of Degree;
- Copy of Identity Card ;
- Copy of Driving License for motorbike Category A;
- Certificate of the last Employer;
- Certificates justifying your experiences;
- 3 References persons with their Adress Institution, Phone number, and e-mail;
- 2 Passport Photos
How to Apply
Interested should submit their docs in PDF by e-mail: [email protected] or hard copy to UNICOOPAGI Office based in Nyamagabe District, Gasaka Sector, Nyamugali Cell, Nyarusange Village, on National Road Huye-Rusizi.
NB: Only Qualified Candidates will be called for a written test.
Females Candidates are encouraged to apply!
Chairperson and Legal Representative of UNICOOPAGI