Agronomist at Caritas Gikongoro
- Company: Caritas Gikongoro
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Rwanda
DIOCESE CATHOLIQUE DE GIKONGORO
B.P 77 GIKONGORO
TEL. (250) 780449919
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR AN AGROMIST UNDER THE PROJECT OF TROCAIRE-IRISH AID IN CARITAS GIKONGORO
- Background of the Organisation
Caritas Gikongoro is a service of Gikongoro Catholic Diocese created in 1993, with the mission to assist the needy (poor, vulnerable, oppressed) through increasing their income, improvement of health, socio-charitable works as well as the promotion of a culture of peace. The Vision of Caritas Gikongoro is to have a society where human dignity and the integral development of all people are promoted according to the evangelical values. To achieve this, Caritas Gikongoro operates through the following three departments: department of charitable social work, department of health, and department of development. This department is responsible for helping people to develop themselves, satisfy their economic and social needs and become eventually self-reliant.
Apart from those departments, Caritas Gikongoro collaborates with other diocesan Services and Commissions such as Economat General Gikongoro, Justice and Peace Commission (CDJP). Caritas Gikongoro covers the districts of Nyamagabe and a big part of Nyaruguru plus a portion of Nyanza and Huye in southern province and Karongi in Western Province.
- Background and scope of the vacancy
From March 2023, Caritas Gikongoro has secured funds from Trocaire–Irish Aid to implement a three years Project for Climate Change Programming with focus on promoting agro-ecological approaches and practices at household and community levels. The Project will be implemented in the sectors of Kibumbwe and Mbazi of Nyamagabe District, and in Nyabimata and Busanze sectors of Nyaruguru District respectively. In this context, Caritas Gikongoro is recruiting an agronomist to support the Project participants for intensifying community-led agroforestry to improve productivity, environment protection, improve nutrition and to reduce climate and environmental impact, especially women.
The Agronomist will report to the Coordinator of Development Department and interact closely with the rest of the organisational staff, including the finance department. The agronomist will work closely with Trócaire’s programme staff working on the project, and will keep working relationships with other Trocaire’ partners staff implementing the Irish Aid integrated Programme in the area to deliver on anticipated results.
- Qualifications and experience/skills
- At least a Graduate degree in agriculture or A1 in the fields of agriculture, or a high school diploma in agriculture with five years of experience in agricultural projects;
- Experience of working together with Civil Society Organisations, Local NGO’s, Local farmers/Cooperatives;
- At least three years of experience in the work related field, in helping individual farmers and communities to improve their food and nutrition security;
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda and capacity to work in English and French; excellent report writing and presentation skills; demonstrated analytical skills; understanding of IT applications including Microsoft word, Power- point and Excel,
- Having a category A driver’s license;
- Being ready to start work immediately,
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their curriculum vitae, a copy of qualification certificates, and driving license, with names and contact details of two referees, together with a cover letter explaining why they are interested in the post and summarising the particular personal attributes which make them ideally suited for the post.
Successful candidates will be expected to comply with country labour law and various organisational policies, including those that the organisation has signed up to according the donor guidelines, such as Safeguarding Programme Participants, Gender policy and Child Protection Policy.
Application documents should be delivered to Caritas Gikongoro Head Office located in Nyamagabe district, Gasaka Sector (Nyamagabe city) not later than 31st March, 2023, 4:00pm. Only qualified candidates as outlined above will be considered.
Done at Nyamagabe, 17th March, 2023
Mgr Eugène DUSHIMURUKUNDO
Administrative Director of Catholic Diocese of Gikongoro
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Rwanda. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE