Accountant at Paper Crown Rwanda
- Company: Paper Crown Rwanda
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Part-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Rwanda
Contract Recruitment Notice
Paper Crown Rwanda
Position: Part-time Accountant
Expected start date: July 1, 2021
Hours: 10-15 hours per month, retainer-based
Type of contract: Part-time contractor / consultant (non-staff position)
Length of contract: 6 months, inclusive of initial 2-month probationary period (possibility of renewal at end of contract)
Summary of the role:
The accountant will be responsible for supporting the Programs & Partnerships Manager with expert financial / budgetary tasks and advice, as needed. The primary purpose of this role is to provide expert review / support as requested by PCR, to ensure all financial documents and processes within the organization are sufficiently detailed, accurate, comprehensive and in line with relevant financial / tax rules and regulations.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Become familiar with PCR’s project activities and operations, to best support the Programs & Partnerships Manager with budget management and reconciliation on an ad hoc basis.
- Support the Programs & Partnerships Manager with preparing financial reports related to project budgets, operational expenditures and donor reporting, when needed.
- Develop and/or advise on user-friendly tools and procedures for financial accounting and reporting systems, as needed/requested.
- Manage the digital banking system for execution of online payments, etc., as and when needed.
- Advise on any relevant tax requirements/processes as defined by Rwandan tax laws relating to local NGOs.
Required competencies and skills:
- Prior work experience with an NGO in the Rwandan context is mandatory, minimum one year
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration, preference ACCA or CPA
- High degree of accuracy and meticulous attention to detail
- High degree of proficiency with accounting and administration procedures
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Rwandan tax system, particularly for Rwandan NGOs
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) and ability to communicate promptly, clearly and concisely
- Excellent time management and a high degree of professionalism are of extreme importance for this role
- Applicants who are registered to work in Rwanda with a valid TIN number will be given preference
Compensation: This is a part-time support role that can be undertaken alongside other work assignments and consulting roles, upon prior discussion with PCR. Compensation consists of a monthly lump-sum retainer fee in Rwf, in line with approximate hours worked.
Method of Application
Please send a detailed cover letter and an updated CV highlighting the most relevant areas of your prior experience (including at least three professional references to be contacted) by May 25th, 2021 to: [email protected]
To learn more about our work, please visit www.paper-crown.org